• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Join, or Die

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Gentleman! Neutral corners please.

Any public statement (in this case a flag) can benefit from analizing the audience. Do we wish to influence their reaction or simply be in their face. Neither approach is less honest but one way may be more benficial to our cause than another.

If you simply think that this is your 1st Amend. right and disregard any potential fallout, then you are not the benefit to this site that I think you could be. No California isn't what it might be but then neither is Virginia. I might take offense if somebody slapped her (Va.) to hard - we are trying to improve things as I think you are.
We are trying to avoid a perceived situation - in open discussion. You can take it or leave it. Please do so with dignity.

You may resume.

Yata hey

MudCamper

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
You're too busy bein' paranoid to even READ what I wrote there... (AADDS?)

Uh... Keywords: Vacuum

Won

Vote

Kommiefornia is not well thought of in AZ... or most anywhere else anymore. Izzat OUR fault? :banghead: No wonder they won't let you carry locked 'n loaded.
It is clear that you are a troll, and a fool. There's no point in continuing any debate with you.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

MudCamper wrote:
Sonora Rebel wrote:
You're too busy bein' paranoid to even READ what I wrote there... (AADDS?)

Uh... Keywords: Vacuum

Won

Vote

Kommiefornia is not well thought of in AZ... or most anywhere else anymore. Izzat OUR fault? :banghead: No wonder they won't let you carry locked 'n loaded.
It is clear that you are a troll, and a fool. There's no point in continuing any debate with you.
Wind 'em up... Push their buttons 'n watch 'em GO! Whoohooo! :celebrate

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Gentleman - if you must continue, take it to PM, please. :?

Or shake hands and A2D.

Yata hey

Mechanic

Los Angeles - San Fernando Valley, California, USA
imported post

I like it, MudCamper! Mostly good feedback froim the group, too.

It expresses the condition of the RKBA group and resonates with me as a gun owner. Taking away our guns will be a death sentence for a significant number of Americans. Once we can no longer protect ourselves, we will become a nation of victims, easy prey for criminals, foreign governments, or even our own government.

It's easy to make the connection between join or die!

Thundar

imported post

I like the flag. It does not say militia, but the context for the original flag was that it was carried by the minutemen, a fabulous militia.

My only question, do we really have to include those CCW people in our flag??

Just kidding:lol:

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

Thundar wrote:
I like the flag. It does not say militia, but the context for the original flag was that it was carried by the minutemen, a fabulous militia.

My only question, do we really have to include those CCW people in our flag??

Just kidding:lol:

This is not a flag... but a very early political cartoon. The snake appeared whole on the Gadsden flag, which was a militia emblem.The motto under the snake in the Gadsden flag is "Don't tread on me" This is surely what you are thinking of.

MudCamper

Founder's Club Member
imported post

For reference, the Gadsden Flag:

gadsden200.png

In December 1775, Benjamin Franklin published an essay in the Pennsylvania Journal under the pseudonym American Guesser in which he suggested that the rattlesnake was a good symbol for the American spirit:

I recollected that her eye excelled in brightness, that of any other animal, and that she has no eye-lids—She may therefore be esteemed an emblem of vigilance.—She never begins an attack, nor, when once engaged, ever surrenders: She is therefore an emblem of magnanimity and true courage.—As if anxious to prevent all pretentions of quarrelling with her, the weapons with which nature has furnished her, she conceals in the roof of her mouth, so that, to those who are unacquainted with her, she appears to be a most defenceless animal; and even when those weapons are shewn and extended for her defence, they appear weak and contemptible; but their wounds however small, are decisive and fatal:—Conscious of this, she never wounds till she has generously given notice, even to her enemy, and cautioned him against the danger of treading on her.—Was I wrong, Sir, in thinking this a strong picture of the temper and conduct of America?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

MudCamper wrote:
For reference, the Gadsden Flag:

gadsden200.png

In December 1775, Benjamin Franklin published an essay in the Pennsylvania Journal under the pseudonym American Guesser in which he suggested that the rattlesnake was a good symbol for the American spirit:

I recollected that her eye excelled in brightness, that of any other animal, and that she has no eye-lids—She may therefore be esteemed an emblem of vigilance.—She never begins an attack, nor, when once engaged, ever surrenders: She is therefore an emblem of magnanimity and true courage.—As if anxious to prevent all pretentions of quarrelling with her, the weapons with which nature has furnished her, she conceals in the roof of her mouth, so that, to those who are unacquainted with her, she appears to be a most defenceless animal; and even when those weapons are shewn and extended for her defence, they appear weak and contemptible; but their wounds however small, are decisive and fatal:—Conscious of this, she never wounds till she has generously given notice, even to her enemy, and cautioned him against the danger of treading on her.—Was I wrong, Sir, in thinking this a strong picture of the temper and conduct of America?
Ol' Uncle Ben also recommended the turkey as our national symbol. Sure glad it didn't make it or maybe I'd couldn't enjoy it at holiday feasts - it would probably be a protected species.

Yata hey