• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How does OC/CCW laws apply to visitors?

Giggety-Giggety®

imported post

Hi, I'm not a WA resident. So, are there any restrictions for visiting WA while carrying?

I have my UT CCW and would like to stop by and visit family/friends.

Thanks!

Nebulis01

imported post

We reciprocate the UT CPL variant. You can carry open or concealed here. If you are carrying in a vehicle of any kind (bus,car,w/e) you will need your CPL. You are unable to carry loaded long guns in a vehicle even with the CPL.

just_a_car

imported post

Nebulis01 wrote:
We reciprocate the UT CPL variant. You can carry open or concealed here. If you are carrying in a vehicle of any kind (bus,car,w/e) you will need your CPL. You are unable to carry loaded long guns in a vehicle even with the CPL.
As a quick and dirty, +1.

Anything in more detail will likely be answered in our stickies and/or FAQ at the top of the WA forum. Or, if you have more detailed questions that aren't answered in the stickies, feel free to ask away and we'll do our best to answer them.

Giggety-Giggety®

imported post

Thanks guys. You pretty much covered it, plus the sticky helped.

Is carrying allowed Olympic National Park/Forest? Sorry if this has already been covered on the Sticky.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Lumpia is so sarap!!! wrote:
Thanks guys. You pretty much covered it, plus the sticky helped.

Is carrying allowed Olympic National Park/Forest? Sorry if this has already been covered on the Sticky.
National Parks must be unloaded and cased (for the time being).

National Forests fall under state laws but be aware that the Regional Forester or Forest Supervisor has the option to implement a special local order which additionally prohibits the mere possession of a firearm within that Wilderness Area. I'm waiting on a reply to my letter about this issue.

See my thread:http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=16002&forum_id=55