• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

National Parks

tripledipper

imported post

Recently traveled toWV from VA, using 33 going and 250 returning and passed through many areas where signage indicated a National Park. Would my resident VA CHP have covered meor should have I gone by Federal rules on these portions of the road?

wvguy

imported post

[align=left]I know this is an old thread but I read an article in the local paper yesterday that may be of interest. As of January 2009 the Park service is lifting the ban on CCW in national parks and Wildlife refuges.[/align]
[align=left]And of course the normal anti-gun Demicrates are screaming this is going to lead to a wholesale blood bath. [/align]
[align=left]The interesting part about anti-gun people is they can never seem to remember that people who have a CCW are certified that they

Never had a felony conviction
Never have been charged with Domestic Violence
Never has been found mentally incompetent
Passed a background investigation by Law Enforcement
Have been trained and can show they are able to carry, handle and deploy a firearm in a safe and responsible manner.

HOW MUCH DO THEY KNOW ABOUTEVERYONE ELSE ???[/align]

Agent6-3/8

imported post

Much of the area you are refering to is National Forest, not National Park. Big difference. However, that will be changing soon as wvguy pointed out.