• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

POLL: Do you have a CPL?

Do you have a CPL?

• I have a CPL and have open carried.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a CPL and never have pen carried.

• I do not have a CPL and have open carried.

• I do not have a CPL and never open carried.

• Total voters

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

For our data base I'm asking you to let me know if you have a CPL or not. But answer only if you have open carried, even once, except hunting. I want to be able to relate to the legislature how many people that OC have a CPL. This, in case they think that everybody that OC'sdoesn't have training or the background check. Not that you should have it to OC. I just want to have some ammunition in case they want to implement legislation to license OC.

A national poll on opencarry.org showed about 80% of people that OCed had licenses. I wonder if Michigan will compare to that.

Damn spelling. That should be open not pen in thatsecond question.:banghead:

warlockmatized

imported post

I do not currently have my CPL "in hand". I did however turn in my application on 9/19/08. Just awaiting my gun board date. Currently voted as "I do not have a CPL and have open carried". Will change when/if CPL is issued.

WARCHILD

imported post

I have my cpl and have always open carried, since I found out it was legal. I tend to avoid those places which deny me that right.

hud

imported post

Have you heard rumors to the effect that the Michigan legislature is considering licensing OC? I can't imagine that such would pass the Constitutionality test. If CC has become a privilege, then that leaves OC as the only Constitutional 2nd Amendment RIGHT left to Michigan citizens. Thus, if OCis legislated intoa privilege, citizens could no longer be said to have a 2nd Amendment RIGHT at all!

I hope yourpollis merely conjecture.

Venator

imported post

defcon1 wrote:
Have you heard rumors to the effect that the Michigan legislature is considering licensing OC? I can't imagine that such would pass the Constitutionality test. If CC has become a privilege, then that leaves OC as the only Constitutional 2nd Amendment RIGHT left to Michigan citizens. Thus, if OCis legislated intoa privilege, citizens could no longer be said to have a 2nd Amendment RIGHT at all!

I hope yourpollis merely conjecture.
I have not heard anything about this. I agree that it would be difficult but not impossible. This is just being proactive. There are 14 states that require a licence to OC, our neighbor Indianabeing one. So it can happen. If the legislature smells a way to make money...who knows.

Venator

imported post

warlockmatized wrote:
I do not currently have my CPL "in hand". I did however turn in my application on 9/19/08. Just awaiting my gun board date. Currently voted as "I do not have a CPL and have open carried". Will change when/if CPL is issued.
Oh God, they're giving you a CPL???? What's this state coming to? Run for the hills.;)

dreamer669

imported post

Also have CPL, started OC this year. I do prefer to OC, but is also nice to have choices. I do like having the ability to get in and out of my motor vehicle of choice. with it strapped to my side loaded and ready.

warlockmatized

imported post

Venator wrote:
warlockmatized wrote:
Oh God, they're giving you a CPL???? What's this state coming to? Run for the hills.;)
1. You are always picking on the fat kid! Knock it off or i WILL sit on you!!! lol

2. They are giving the gun toting, pit bull walking, picnicer one too

3. Just goes to show you how lax our gun laws ARE in this state. Maybe they need to be stricter??? HAHA! lol

Venator

imported post

warlockmatized wrote:
Venator wrote:
warlockmatized wrote:
1. You are always picking on the fat kid! Knock it off or i WILL sit on you!!! lol

2. They are giving the gun toting, pit bull walking, picnicer one too

3. Just goes to show you how lax our gun laws ARE in this state. Maybe they need to be stricter??? HAHA! lol
1) I was and still am the fat kid.

2) That realy scares me!

3) MORE GUN CONTROL.

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

I have my CPL and as soon as the weather was warm enough I have been OC'ing. I find it much more easy and comfortable. For me it's more of a convenience thing. Helping to educate and desensitize are just perks. Choice is a great thing. This past Thursday was the first day in many months that I CC'ed for the majority of the day.

As I stated I OC mostly for convenience and as such I think, now that the weather is getting cooler, I will CC for convenience. This is not to say that I will be CC'ing 100% of the time though ;)

Venator

imported post

Please vote on this poll, we would like to get at least a hundred people to vote. We have lots of viewers, but not enough voters. How about it?