• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

POLL: Do you have a CPL?

Do you have a CPL?

• I have a CPL and have open carried.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a CPL and never have pen carried.

• I do not have a CPL and have open carried.

• I do not have a CPL and never open carried.

• Total voters

SIGfreed

imported post

I have a CPL and have been openly carrying since I found this site. Mostly due to the time of year, however, as the seasons change I will not go out of my way to keep it visible, unless entering a Gun Free Zone.

Glock-n-Drop

imported post

I have my cpl and i have notOC because i just learned that it was legal. Been in the dark for a while I guess.Also just retired and have alot more time to surf the web sites available to me. It does feel good knowing i can exercise my constitutional rights without fighting thru my shirt or pants for my weapon.

djinxd

imported post

i have a cpl and i have not OC'd outside of my yard because the cop teaching my cpl class said it was illegal. i was just informed of this web site a couple weeks ago and am learning a lot, thanx!

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

djinxd wrote:
i have a cpl and i have not OC'd outside of my yard because the cop teaching my cpl class said it was illegal. i was just informed of this web site a couple weeks ago and am learning a lot, thanx!
We hear that a lot, now you know different.

Kenshinx2

imported post

im not 21 yet so i cant get meh ccw but next month once i turn 21 BAM ill get it and have done both!.. bwahahaha... yah i know you dont need it to oc but sadly dont have a pistol yet but i just orderd a Torkarav lol im poor jobless michigan bum =P so its the best i could do ^^ just figured id tell yah cus i dont realy fit in to any of those 4 as i want to just havent realy been able to yet but WIll 100%

custom.45acp

imported post

Just voted. Received CPL this week, so I've only CC so far but will OC soon.

Wife's complaining already, "You gonna have that gun everywhere we go?"

I said "No, I don't have too. I have others, which one would you like me to carry EVERYWHERE?"

She rolled her eyes and walked away. (She'll get used to it; she just needs a little adjustment time.)

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

custom.45acp wrote:
Just voted. Received CPL this week, so I've only CC so far but will OC soon.

Wife's complaining already, "You gonna have that gun everywhere we go?"

I said "No, I don't have too. I have others, which one would you like me to carry EVERYWHERE?"

She rolled her eyes and walked away. (She'll get used to it; she just needs a little adjustment time.)
HAHAHAHAHA.... :lol:

drmclain

imported post

I do have my CPL and open carry depending on where I am. I tend to carry concealed when I don't want to draw too much attention to myself.

ghostrider

imported post

Kenshinx2 wrote:
im not 21 yet so i cant get meh ccw but next month once i turn 21 BAM ill get it and have done both!.. bwahahaha... yah i know you dont need it to oc but sadly dont have a pistol yet but i just orderd a Torkarav lol im poor jobless michigan bum =P so its the best i could do ^^ just figured id tell yah cus i dont realy fit in to any of those 4 as i want to just havent realy been able to yet but WIll 100%
Congrats on the newly acquired pistol. BA/UA/R, then let us know how you like it.:D

tsafoperator

imported post

I have had a CCW for a few years now. I am a municiple drinking water plant operator. After 911, staff was trained by newly formed homeland security, military police and local police departments on tactical weapon useages and terrorist threat detection. Only operators we allowed to carry, but had to be conceled, no open carry (but did after hours). In public, I have only open carried twice. Once in Arizona and once here in Michigan. The stares, and complaints warranted me not to do it again. I carry a weapon for protection (hidden) as not to become a target myself....by anyone. Although I am all for open carry and support the movement, I do not practice it. Sorry there are just way to many trouble makers out there to make myself a harrasment target.

tsafoperator

imported post

You are right ( hopefully). When I got my CCW, my wife complained a bit. That is until the day when I stopped a road rage victim (lady) from possibly getting killed by a 275 pd guy, of which took 6 sheriffdeputies to take him down when they caught him later. Now she wants one. Of which was later released from jail because she was to frightened to press charges.