• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

W & M

Chkultr

imported post

KnightSG7 wrote:
I strongly disagree.
With actually not letting someone carry on campus or because the smart a$$ in me really didn't come through on my op? IMHO I think you should be allowed to carry any where as long as you can legally own and purchase a weapon!!!

Sorry for the confusion if there was any!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Chkultr wrote:
KnightSG7 wrote:
I strongly disagree.
With actually not letting someone carry on campus or because the smart a$$ in me really didn't come through on my op? IMHO I think you should be allowed to carry any where as long as you can legally own and purchase a weapon!!!

You need to provide something to make up for the lack of tone of voice and facial expression. Emoticons work but we do not have one that screams sarcasim or that says NOT, NADA or NYET.

Admit I hestitated at first before I got the message as delivered. :)

Yata hey

bayboy42

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Chkultr wrote:
KnightSG7 wrote:
I strongly disagree.

You need to provide something to make up for the lack of tone of voice and facial expression. Emoticons work but we do not have one that screams sarcasim or that says NOT, NADA or NYET.

Admit I hestitated at first before I got the message as delivered. :)

Yata hey

You could always go back to the old html style codes i.e.

<sarcasm>no one needs to be able to carry on a college campus.</sarcasm>

Chkultr

imported post

I just wish people would get it through their thick skulls. Not all people with the guns are bad! The criminals don't give a sh%^ about the law so they will do what they want. That is why they are criminals. Do they think that someone would strap a gun to their hip and walk around town if is was ILLEGAL?

RANDOM THOUGHT OF MY DAY!
As I walked the dog last night I randomly came up with an answer to "Do you have a permit for that?" Which I have not yet been asked! Knock on wood!!!

Answer....Yes I do!
Followed by.. Are you a U.S. Citizen? I am
Can you legally own and purchase a firearm? I can
If they answer yes to the questions then tell them that they have the same permit to carry as you! Called the 2A of the constitution!

Something along those lines anyway!

MackTheKnife

imported post

Chkultr wrote:

Are you serious? You are a member of this website yet believe in limiting where one can open carry? A college campus is not a safe place for many women, and men. You ever hear of rapes and robberies? Why not carry on a college campus?

Crimes can happen anywhere so you should be able to carry anywhere that you want. That is obviously idealistic, not realistic.

Where else do you propose that one not be allowed to carry? And for what reason?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

MackTheKnife wrote:
Chkultr wrote:

Are you serious? You are a member of this website yet believe in limiting where one can open carry? A college campus is not a safe place for many women, and men. You ever hear of rapes and robberies? Why not carry on a college campus?

Crimes can happen anywhere so you should be able to carry anywhere that you want. That is obviously idealistic, not realistic.

Where else do you propose that one not be allowed to carry? And for what reason?
Down boy - you should read the whole thread first. The remark was intended as sarcasim and clarified 3 posts later.

Chkultr's posts are supportive of our position.

BTW - don't take it too personal, you aren't the first new participate to leap without looking. :)

Yata hey

Sleepless

imported post

fxdwngflyr wrote:
Alot of issues at W&M.

Those who chose not to remember history are condemned to repeat it.

I hope those "educated" people wise up.

History teaches us that we have nothing learnt from history.

I think that is how it goes anyway. :D

MackTheKnife

imported post

Thanks for the admonishment but quite unnecessary. I read the original post and the next one. I then stated my opinion. I don't read all of the subsequent threads (in any post), and sometimes there are a lot, to see if someone was being facetious, tongue-in-cheek, etc. farther down the line.

I've been perusing this site for quite awhile, so although I might be construed as a new participant, I'm not really.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

MackTheKnife wrote:
Thanks for the admonishment but quite unnecessary. I read the original post and the next one. I then stated my opinion. I don't read all of the subsequent threads (in any post), and sometimes there are a lot, to see if someone was being facetious, tongue-in-cheek, etc. farther down the line.

I've been perusing this site for quite awhile, so although I might be construed as a new participant, I'm not really.
Kinda like reading the first two or three chapters of a book, then writing a review. In this case, the OP acknowledged that his "tone of voice" was lacking but we understand his intent now.

Anyway, no harm, no fowl. We are all on the same page.

Yata hey

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Anyway, no harm, no fowl.
Well I think you sort of chickened out and ducked the issue there. I mean, certainly we don't want to grouse or squab-ble about it, but, pheasant company excluded, some people do get goosed up over such minor things. Well, I won't henpeck you about it.

:p

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

deepdiver wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
Anyway, no harm, no fowl.
Well I think you sort of chickened out and ducked the issue there. I mean, certainly we don't want to grouse or squab-ble about it, but, pheasant company excluded, some people do get goosed up over such minor things. Well, I won't henpeck you about it.

:p
At least one person got it. :idea: At least it wasn't il-eagle.

Yata hey