Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Once again, a woman proves that a gun works much better than a restraining order

  1. #1
    Campaign Veteran Right Wing Wacko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Marysville, Washington, USA
    Posts
    645

    Post imported post

    http://www.azfamily.com/news/homepag....bf7a220a.html

    Man killed after armed woman with restraining order opens fire


    PHOENIX - A man is dead after trying to break into a woman's home and she opened fire on him.

    According to police the woman had a restraining order against the man although their exact relationship is unclear.

    Investigators say around 2:30 Sunday morning that man forced his way into the woman's house near 40th Avenue and Thunderbird and she was prepared

    A police spokesperson tells 3TV, “The victim basically armed herself and when the suspect broke into the house the victim fired several rounds.”

    Police said the woman will most likely not face any charges. The suspect's identity has not been released.


  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    418

    Post imported post

    Well that's refreshing... the news media got the bad guy - victim roles right. Good for her!

  3. #3
    Campaign Veteran Bookman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    1,424

    Post imported post

    Armed wrote:
    Well that's refreshing... the news media got the bad guy - victim roles right. Good for her!
    I noticed the same thing. I was delighted to see the woman correctly identified as "the victim".

    Like my mom used to say when a bug would splat on the windshield, "I bet he doesn't have the guts to do THAT again!"
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke


    "I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    160

    Post imported post

    Armed wrote:
    Well that's refreshing... the news media got the bad guy - victim roles right. Good for her!
    Well, I don't know about VICTIM . . . obviously, the wolf tried to hunt a tiger, no match there

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Rio Rancho, New Mexico, United States
    Posts
    348

    Post imported post

    Right Wing Wacko wrote:
    http://www.azfamily.com/news/homepag....bf7a220a.html

    Man killed after armed woman with restraining order opens fire


    PHOENIX - A man is dead after trying to break into a woman's home and she opened fire on him.

    According to police the woman had a restraining order against the man although their exact relationship is unclear.

    Investigators say around 2:30 Sunday morning that man forced his way into the woman's house near 40th Avenue and Thunderbird and she was prepared

    A police spokesperson tells 3TV, “The victim basically armed herself and when the suspect broke into the house the victim fired several rounds.”

    Police said the woman will most likely not face any charges. The suspect's identity has not been released.
    Police said the woman will most likely not face any charges. The suspect's identity has not been released.

    That is the part I always hate


    A gun Owner Is A Citizen
    Anyone Else is a Subject

  6. #6
    Regular Member Prophet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    544

    Post imported post

    RogueAussie wrote:

    Police said the woman will most likely not face any charges. The suspect's identity has not been released.

    That is the part I always hate

    That jumped out at me as well, though I think they legally have to say that. If they said that she wouldn't face charges and then they find out on the autopsy that the guy was drugged and unconscious when she shot him and it turns out she paid someone to kidnap him, drug him and then make it appear like he broke in so she could kill him, they might have to throw the case out on that little technicality.

    Its like saying the word "alledgedly" when discussing defendents...just the malaise of legal jargon.

  7. #7
    Regular Member MetalChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    1,215

    Post imported post

    What gets me is the "trying" to break in, then later in the article it is stated that he did indeed force his way into her home. Which was it? Did he try to break in, or did he in fact break in? Would that little detail matter in AZ?

  8. #8
    Regular Member Sonora Rebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Gone
    Posts
    3,958

    Post imported post

    Break in... in Arizona... and yer likely dead meat most anywhere if somebody's home (and awake). Maybe not among the noobs in the burbstho... They're still stuck in wherever they came from.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    661

    Post imported post

    ars 13-407 A person or his agent in lawful possesion or control of premises is justified in threatening to use deadly physical force or in threatening to use physical force against another when and to the extent that a reasonable perwon would believe it immediately necessary to prevent or terminate the commission or attempted commission of a criminal trespass by the other person in or upon the pemises.

  10. #10
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lobelville, Tennessee, USA
    Posts
    2,615

    Post imported post

    Dahwg wrote:
    ars 13-407 A person or his agent in lawful possesion or control of premises is justified in threatening to use deadly physical force or in threatening to use physical force against another when and to the extent that a reasonable perwon would believe it immediately necessary to prevent or terminate the commission or attempted commission of a criminal trespass by the other person in or upon the pemises.
    Plus, she already had a restraining order served on the suspect, so she had reason to consider him a threat.

    This means there's one less idiot in the world.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lake Charles Area, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    1,723

    Post imported post

    Just this weekend, In my little old country (200 population) town. The neighbor hood rat broke in my next door neighbors house while her husband was at work. She grabbed her gun and told him to leave or she would kill him.

    He's lucky !

    My wife would have emptied the entire 16 round clip of my XDM in him.

  12. #12
    Regular Member Michigander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mulligan's Valley
    Posts
    4,830

    Post imported post

    This is Phoenix. The media here tends to be extremely fair towards gun owners. While the level of intelligence on the talk radio shows and such seems a lot lower than it did back in the mid west, they are much more honest, or at least it seems that way.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

    The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    15

    Post imported post

    if you vote for obama, next time she wont have a gun to protect herself

  14. #14
    Regular Member possumboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dumfries, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,090

    Post imported post

    gunsinaz wrote:
    if you vote for obama, next time she wont have a gun to protect herself
    IL 2004 - S.B. 2165

    Obama has voted against self-defense in your home. It would be more than not having a gun to protect yourself, but you would not be able to protect yourself.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lake Charles Area, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    1,723

    Post imported post

    possumboy wrote:
    gunsinaz wrote:
    if you vote for obama, next time she wont have a gun to protect herself
    IL 2004 - S.B. 2165

    Obama has voted against self-defense in your home. It would be more than not having a gun to protect yourself, but you would not be able to protect yourself.
    BTW Here is a more detailed description of his anti 2nd a record -

    http://countusout.wordpress.com/2008...fend-yourself/

  16. #16
    Regular Member rodbender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Navasota, Texas, USA
    Posts
    2,524

    Post imported post

    Doesn't surprise me. The U.N. said some years back that you don't have a right to self defense. Go figure.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    , , USA
    Posts
    1,436

    Post imported post

    Right Wing Wacko wrote:
    http://www.azfamily.com/news/homepag....bf7a220a.html

    Man killed after armed woman with restraining order opens fire


    PHOENIX - A man is dead after trying to break into a woman's home and she opened fire on him.

    According to police the woman had a restraining order against the man although their exact relationship is unclear.

    Investigators say around 2:30 Sunday morning that man forced his way into the woman's house near 40th Avenue and Thunderbird and she was prepared

    A police spokesperson tells 3TV, “The victim basically armed herself and when the suspect broke into the house the victim fired several rounds.”

    Police said the woman will most likely not face any charges. The suspect's identity has not been released.
    I love it when they get it right.





    Tarzan

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    460

    Post imported post

    Sonora Rebel wrote:
    Break in... in Arizona... and yer likely dead meat most anywhere if somebody's home (and awake). Maybe not among the noobs in the burbstho... They're still stuck in wherever they came from.
    Well, I live in the "burbs". I can guarantee ya we're armed in my house.

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
    Posts
    3,806

    Post imported post

    I think the point was for typical suburbanites.

    Most people here aren't.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •