Thread: Once again, a woman proves that a gun works much better than a restraining order

Campaign Veteran Right Wing Wacko's Avatar

Post imported post

http://www.azfamily.com/news/homepag....bf7a220a.html

Man killed after armed woman with restraining order opens fire

PHOENIX - A man is dead after trying to break into a woman's home and she opened fire on him.

According to police the woman had a restraining order against the man although their exact relationship is unclear.

Investigators say around 2:30 Sunday morning that man forced his way into the woman's house near 40th Avenue and Thunderbird and she was prepared

A police spokesperson tells 3TV, “The victim basically armed herself and when the suspect broke into the house the victim fired several rounds.”

Police said the woman will most likely not face any charges. The suspect's identity has not been released.

Post imported post

Well that's refreshing... the news media got the bad guy - victim roles right. Good for her!

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States

Post imported post

Armed wrote:
    Well that's refreshing... the news media got the bad guy - victim roles right. Good for her!
    I noticed the same thing. I was delighted to see the woman correctly identified as "the victim".

Like my mom used to say when a bug would splat on the windshield, "I bet he doesn't have the guts to do THAT again!"
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

Post imported post

Armed wrote:
    Well, I don't know about VICTIM . . . obviously, the wolf tried to hunt a tiger, no match there

Post imported post

Right Wing Wacko wrote:

PHOENIX - A man is dead after trying to break into a woman's home and she opened fire on him.

According to police the woman had a restraining order against the man although their exact relationship is unclear.

Investigators say around 2:30 Sunday morning that man forced his way into the woman's house near 40th Avenue and Thunderbird and she was prepared

A police spokesperson tells 3TV, “The victim basically armed herself and when the suspect broke into the house the victim fired several rounds.”

Police said the woman will most likely not face any charges. The suspect's identity has not been released.

That is the part I always hate

A gun Owner Is A Citizen
    Anyone Else is a Subject

Post imported post

RogueAussie wrote:

That is the part I always hate

That jumped out at me as well, though I think they legally have to say that. If they said that she wouldn't face charges and then they find out on the autopsy that the guy was drugged and unconscious when she shot him and it turns out she paid someone to kidnap him, drug him and then make it appear like he broke in so she could kill him, they might have to throw the case out on that little technicality.

Its like saying the word "alledgedly" when discussing defendents...just the malaise of legal jargon.

Post imported post

What gets me is the "trying" to break in, then later in the article it is stated that he did indeed force his way into her home. Which was it? Did he try to break in, or did he in fact break in? Would that little detail matter in AZ?

Post imported post

Break in... in Arizona... and yer likely dead meat most anywhere if somebody's home (and awake). Maybe not among the noobs in the burbstho... They're still stuck in wherever they came from.

Post imported post

ars 13-407 A person or his agent in lawful possesion or control of premises is justified in threatening to use deadly physical force or in threatening to use physical force against another when and to the extent that a reasonable perwon would believe it immediately necessary to prevent or terminate the commission or attempted commission of a criminal trespass by the other person in or upon the pemises.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Dahwg wrote:
    ars 13-407 A person or his agent in lawful possesion or control of premises is justified in threatening to use deadly physical force or in threatening to use physical force against another when and to the extent that a reasonable perwon would believe it immediately necessary to prevent or terminate the commission or attempted commission of a criminal trespass by the other person in or upon the pemises.
    Plus, she already had a restraining order served on the suspect, so she had reason to consider him a threat.

This means there's one less idiot in the world.

Post imported post

Just this weekend, In my little old country (200 population) town. The neighbor hood rat broke in my next door neighbors house while her husband was at work. She grabbed her gun and told him to leave or she would kill him.

He's lucky !

My wife would have emptied the entire 16 round clip of my XDM in him.

Post imported post

This is Phoenix. The media here tends to be extremely fair towards gun owners. While the level of intelligence on the talk radio shows and such seems a lot lower than it did back in the mid west, they are much more honest, or at least it seems that way.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

if you vote for obama, next time she wont have a gun to protect herself

Post imported post

gunsinaz wrote:
    IL 2004 - S.B. 2165

Obama has voted against self-defense in your home. It would be more than not having a gun to protect yourself, but you would not be able to protect yourself.

Post imported post

possumboy wrote:
    gunsinaz wrote:
    IL 2004 - S.B. 2165

Obama has voted against self-defense in your home. It would be more than not having a gun to protect yourself, but you would not be able to protect yourself.
    BTW Here is a more detailed description of his anti 2nd a record -

http://countusout.wordpress.com/2008...fend-yourself/

Post imported post

Doesn't surprise me. The U.N. said some years back that you don't have a right to self defense. Go figure.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

Post imported post

Right Wing Wacko wrote:

I love it when they get it right.

Tarzan

Post imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
    Break in... in Arizona... and yer likely dead meat most anywhere if somebody's home (and awake). Maybe not among the noobs in the burbstho... They're still stuck in wherever they came from.
    Well, I live in the "burbs". I can guarantee ya we're armed in my house.

Post imported post

I think the point was for typical suburbanites.

Most people here aren't.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.