• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Once again, a woman proves that a gun works much better than a restraining order

Right Wing Wacko

Campaign Veteran
imported post

http://www.azfamily.com/news/homepagetopstory/stories/Phoenix-local-news-092808-fatal-shoot-retrain-orde.bf7a220a.html

Man killed after armed woman with restraining order opens fire

PHOENIX - A man is dead after trying to break into a woman's home and she opened fire on him.

According to police the woman had a restraining order against the man although their exact relationship is unclear.

Investigators say around 2:30 Sunday morning that man forced his way into the woman's house near 40[suP]th[/suP] Avenue and Thunderbird and she was prepared

A police spokesperson tells 3TV, “The victim basically armed herself and when the suspect broke into the house the victim fired several rounds.”

Police said the woman will most likely not face any charges. The suspect's identity has not been released.

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
imported post

Armed wrote:
Well that's refreshing... the news media got the bad guy - victim roles right. Good for her!
I noticed the same thing. I was delighted to see the woman correctly identified as "the victim".

Like my mom used to say when a bug would splat on the windshield, "I bet he doesn't have the guts to do THAT again!"

DenWin

imported post

Armed wrote:
Well that's refreshing... the news media got the bad guy - victim roles right. Good for her!
Well, I don't know about VICTIM . . . obviously, the wolf tried to hunt a tiger, no match there :cool:

RogueWarrior

imported post

Right Wing Wacko wrote:
http://www.azfamily.com/news/homepagetopstory/stories/Phoenix-local-news-092808-fatal-shoot-retrain-orde.bf7a220a.html

PHOENIX - A man is dead after trying to break into a woman's home and she opened fire on him.

According to police the woman had a restraining order against the man although their exact relationship is unclear.

Investigators say around 2:30 Sunday morning that man forced his way into the woman's house near 40[sup]th[/sup] Avenue and Thunderbird and she was prepared

A police spokesperson tells 3TV, “The victim basically armed herself and when the suspect broke into the house the victim fired several rounds.”

Police said the woman will most likely not face any charges. The suspect's identity has not been released.

That is the part I always hate

Prophet

imported post

RogueAussie wrote:

That is the part I always hate

That jumped out at me as well, though I think they legally have to say that. If they said that she wouldn't face charges and then they find out on the autopsy that the guy was drugged and unconscious when she shot him and it turns out she paid someone to kidnap him, drug him and then make it appear like he broke in so she could kill him, they might have to throw the case out on that little technicality.

Its like saying the word "alledgedly" when discussing defendents...just the malaise of legal jargon.

MetalChris

imported post

What gets me is the "trying" to break in, then later in the article it is stated that he did indeed force his way into her home. Which was it? Did he try to break in, or did he in fact break in? Would that little detail matter in AZ?

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Break in... in Arizona... and yer likely dead meat most anywhere if somebody's home (and awake). Maybe not among the noobs in the burbstho... They're still stuck in wherever they came from.

Dahwg

imported post

ars 13-407 A person or his agent in lawful possesion or control of premises is justified in threatening to use deadly physical force or in threatening to use physical force against another when and to the extent that a reasonable perwon would believe it immediately necessary to prevent or terminate the commission or attempted commission of a criminal trespass by the other person in or upon the pemises.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Dahwg wrote:
ars 13-407 A person or his agent in lawful possesion or control of premises is justified in threatening to use deadly physical force or in threatening to use physical force against another when and to the extent that a reasonable perwon would believe it immediately necessary to prevent or terminate the commission or attempted commission of a criminal trespass by the other person in or upon the pemises.

Plus, she already had a restraining order served on the suspect, so she had reason to consider him a threat.

This means there's one less idiot in the world.

Dustin

imported post

Just this weekend, In my little old country (200 population) town. The neighbor hood rat broke in my next door neighbors house while her husband was at work. She grabbed her gun and told him to leave or she would kill him.

He's lucky !

My wife would have emptied the entire 16 round clip of my XDM in him.

Michigander

imported post

This is Phoenix. The media here tends to be extremely fair towards gun owners. While the level of intelligence on the talk radio shows and such seems a lot lower than it did back in the mid west, they are much more honest, or at least it seems that way.

gunsinaz

imported post

if you vote for obama, next time she wont have a gun to protect herself

possumboy

imported post

gunsinaz wrote:
if you vote for obama, next time she wont have a gun to protect herself
IL 2004 - S.B. 2165

Obama has voted against self-defense in your home. It would be more than not having a gun to protect yourself, but you would not be able to protect yourself.

Dustin

tarzan1888

imported post

Right Wing Wacko wrote:

Investigators say around 2:30 Sunday morning that man forced his way into the woman's house near 40[suP]th[/suP] Avenue and Thunderbird and she was prepared

I love it when they get it right.

Tarzan

Slayer of Paper

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
Break in... in Arizona... and yer likely dead meat most anywhere if somebody's home (and awake). Maybe not among the noobs in the burbstho... They're still stuck in wherever they came from.
Well, I live in the "burbs". I can guarantee ya we're armed in my house.