• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Civil disobedience?

WCrawford

imported post

I was curious if anyone has considered using civil disobedience in trying to get Illinois laws changed to be in accord with the US Constitution?

This form of protest has been successfully used by many groups (mostly far left wing) in the past, and I believe should not be summarily dismissed.

This form of non-violent protest may not seem to compatible with the open carrying of a firearm at first, but all the open carry confrontations I've seen with LEOs on this board, have been non-violent on the part of the open carrier.

This form of protest would defiantly result in direct confrontation of LEOs and arrests (and possible convictions), but could have similar results as the lunch counter protests of the 60's.

I offer this idea as more of a discussion, but I'd be willing to put my freedom on the line to ensure that my rights are respected and de-criminalized.

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Unfortunatly, the far left agenda is also wanted by the judges.
The second amendment is dispised by the same judges.
Just look at the soccer mom ruling in PA.
So unless you get lucky, and get a jury at all, and then get someone with
common sence on said jury. Go for it, me I'll just buy my lottery ticket:p

I will vote not guilty at your trail though, that is if you ever get one.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Use a very cheap pistol... maybe an old H&R breaktop .32 rimfire. You'll never see it again. Too bad ya can't get like... 100 people to OC at once... on the steps of City Hall 'n theState House. 'Come to think of it... if ya could get 100 armed people on the steps of city hall 'n the state house... 'may as well effect a Putsch! 'Worked for the French at the Bastille!

POWER TO THE PEOPLE! :cuss:

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

erich_kopp wrote:
All gun owner get together and do a (Munich beer hall puch) at the state capital building , it worked for Hitler.
You're being cute, right? Hitler dang near got shot during that action and was put in prison for a spell, for instigating the uprising.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

I heard Boortz's DC correspondent today describe Americans as politically reactive only to crises. $4 per gallon wasn't enough of a crisis to instigate action other than political posturing. 9/11 wasn't. But mortgage deadbeats have moved Americans to action. Perhaps an Obomination in the White House will move Americans to Affirmative Reaction on that front.

tarzan1888

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
......... Perhaps an Obomination in the White House will move Americans to Affirmative Reaction on that front.

Doug....I am afraid that its about all that we can hope for.

Tarzan