• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First weekend of OC

Doty

imported post

I am 22 years old and I live in Decatur, Georgia. I received my GFL in April of this year and have been CC ever since but after reading this forum I was definately interested in giving OC a try. I am just not comfortable with CC for various reasons. On Friday night I OC into a fedEX/kinkos. When I walked in I heard the lady behind the counter talking to her co-worker and she asked him why does he have a gun and he replied something about my rights but I couldn't quite make it out. I walked further away from them trying to find a fax machine, when I couldn't I turned and after a quick smile asked where the fax was they pointed me to it, I faxed what I needed to held a two - three minute conversation with the lady about traffic and left. It was a very interesting feeling, but it felt like it would soon become comfortable. On Sunday at around 4:00PM I decided to do my weekly grocery shopping so I headed down to the Krogers on Dekalb Industrial in Decatur and OC for about 30-40 minutes while in the store, I only noticed three people looking at me. The store manager and security guard were in the front as I was changing aisles and they both looked at me, the manager actually pointed, I just kept shopping and pretended like I hadn't noticed. I finished up and got into line at a register right in the middle of all the others, not on purpose (shortest line). The cashier was a young female and seemed a little uncomfortable, butbefore I entered the store I put my debit card in my left pocket so I wouldn't reach around my gun to grab my wallet. The manager and security guard were in front of the register I was checking out and paid no attention to me but definately knew I was there. I left without having any incidents. It felt great and like I said before I can see this becoming a lot more comfortable. It already is physically.

rmodel65

imported post

just act like its supposed to be there and more than likely no one will question you. i always keep my wallet etc opposite side of my gun

exgabrit

imported post

I shop with my wallet in my back left pocket, my uncle mike gets in the way.

rmodel65 wrote:
just act like its supposed to be there and more than likely no one will question you. i always keep my wallet etc opposite side of my gun

seca

imported post

I like to kill them with kindness before they can even say anything. A good smile and hi right when they notice throws them off gaurd and they dont think twice about you OC'n. Plus being overly nice will spread to them being nice to us(exempt are the hard core antis..lol). I also try not to have a smart ass answer (like some have)if someone does ask why I am carrying.