Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Ann Arbor Get-Together, Official Thread

People have tried and failed to find a location that would host 30 armed man walking in to have dinner. That being said, you are welcome to try it again.

If you find a location willing to host us, I will put on an event. Email me after you find a location

PHofmeister@miopencarry.org
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
    People have tried and failed to find a location that would host 30 armed man walking in to have dinner. That being said, you are welcome to try it again.

If you find a location willing to host us, I will put on an event. Email me after you find a location

PHofmeister@miopencarry.org
    Well, there is a challenge. I have a nice west side coney place in mind an I OC almost every Saturday with out issue. I did not know there was a desire.

Ask them about it then email me. Also check if they have a liquor license.

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Lightbulb Well it is nice out, maybe a picnic in one of the fine area parks?

“A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Glock9mmOldStyle View Post
    Is this the "Field of Streams and Dreams"? Where instead of baseball all stars you get Guns and OC all stars??
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Declaration of Independence July 4, 1776

Michigan Concealed Pistol Instructor. Cost 80.00 With advanced techniques included free. PM for more information!

Quote Originally Posted by NHCGRPR45 View Post
    Is this the "Field of Streams and Dreams"? Where instead of baseball all stars you get Guns and OC all stars??
    Roger that!

Giving up civil rights for security is a certain way to lose both!

Quote Originally Posted by Glock9mmOldStyle View Post
    I know the parks, if I do it, it will be the big pavilion in Geddies park. That park is always packed...

Cool Cool!

Quote Originally Posted by AAMitch View Post
    I know the parks, if I do it, it will be the big pavilion in Geddies park. That park is always packed...
    I for one am looking forward to a nice park get together. I can smell those burgers & dogs grilling now. Yummmm.....

“A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

Holidays restaurant on Stadium will be happy to have us. As soon as the board gets a date details will follows. They do not have a liquor licence so you 18-21 year olds are welcome.

For those of you up to it. DQ is right down the road if you want to walk for desert.

Quote Originally Posted by AAMitch View Post
    Holidays restaurant on Stadium will be happy to have us. As soon as the board gets a date details will follows. They do not have a liquor licence so you 18-21 year olds are welcome.

For those of you up to it. DQ is right down the road if you want to walk for desert.
    Only concern would be - will people attending have to carry on UofM property to get to the restaurant. While getting board approval is a good idea, be advised that can be over a month when things shake out.

Giving up civil rights for security is a certain way to lose both!
    Last edited by Glock9mmOldStyle; 06-08-2012 at 09:32 AM.

UofM property is NOT near this restaurant nor between it and DQ. That is mostly downtown out to North Campus with some outlying property on Wagner and out between Dexter and Pickney.

A local by the name of Mitch turned me on to this place...

https://www.facebook.com/events/480353988648614/

Sign in to RSVP.

Maybe while we're all there someone will volunteer to organize a BBQ in a local park (more local knowledge required than I have).
    Last edited by TheQ; 06-09-2012 at 11:44 AM.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Thumbs up Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
    Way to go guys. Looking forward to this event.

I wouldn't mind going either, its been a long time since I've been to Ann Arbor.
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Declaration of Independence July 4, 1776

Michigan Concealed Pistol Instructor. Cost 80.00 With advanced techniques included free. PM for more information!

I'd go, but that time puts it out of my reach. I work Monday nights, so, maybe next time, if it's on a Tuesday or Wednesday. Always like sticking it in the face of the AA left wing nuts.
    Big Gay Al
    Coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols
    Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    Rock Island Armory 1911-A1 FS Tactical .45ACP Carried Condition 1.
    OR Taurus PT92AFS 9x19mm.
    Yes, I've decided I'm the Grammar & Spelling "Police." At least once in a while.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789