• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ann Arbor Get-Together, Official Thread

wow

Banned
imported post

It must be great to have a hobby that requires constant justification as to the legality of it.

"It's my RIGHT!"

*stamps foot*

*has gun stolen from his home that is later used in a homicide*

wow

Banned
imported post

I wasn't there luckily that fabulous photo spread let me pretend I was...I could almost smell the B.O. and Vagisil.

But hold an event in East Lansing (man I wish I could have seen that guy getting kicked out of the B&N!) and I will be there.

What do I have to be afraid of you all probably have asthma and diabetes anyway, what are you gonna do besides get all red in the face and then have to sit down?

macx

imported post

Isn't it great that you have the freedom of speech and people aren't trying to take it away from you? Look at all the highly productive things you've managed to do with it this evening. How much you've managed to contribute to society because of it.

I kind of feel sorry for you. You sit here and rip on people who are trying to protect a right just as crucial as the one you are taking advantage of this evening. The difference between us and you is that we are trying to protect all rights, including the topic of the picnic today. A right that we have been told in the past we'd be arrested for trying to practice. Keep in mind the fact that a right is much more important than any hobby, including running your mouth off, so to speak.

JeffSayers

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, U
imported post

wow wrote:
I wasn't there luckily that fabulous photo spread let me pretend I was...I could almost smell the B.O. and Vagisil.

But hold an event in East Lansing (man I wish I could have seen that guy getting kicked out of the B&N!) and I will be there.

What do I have to be afraid of you all probably have asthma and diabetes anyway, what are you gonna do besides get all red in the face and then have to sit down?
Give us your email and we will gladly invite you when we have an event in Lansing. And by the way... I'll come without my gun just for you.

warlockmatized

imported post

JeffSayers wrote:
wow wrote:
yeah people do have the right to be dumb coward douchebags in America

you guys must really just SAVOR that right
If you have such a problem with this group, why didn't you speak you mind when you were there? Who's the coward?
Agreed. You had EVERY chance to "speak" your disapproval. Instead you chose to take the tactics of the typical troll.....keyboard Rambo.

WHAT is the problem???? I saw NO mass panic. NO people running in the streets screaming "guns, guns, guns". Get over yourself already! WHY waste time here? Don't you have something "liberal" you could be doing???

wow

Banned
imported post

the right to pull a gun on a black man in the subway who asks for the time

I'm actually a fan of open carry it lets you see who's a big cowardly baby just by looking at them

WAAAAAHHHHHH the world is too hard to face without a tool for dealing death strapped to my (ample) waist 16 hours a day!

wow

Banned
imported post

sorry I missed you homos I didn't know about you at the time I thought I was in a slightly less redneck state

whatsyourname, this is my email: wowjustwow23@gmail.com try to keep the lolcats and HUSSEIN OBAMA email forwards to a minimum

wow

Banned
imported post

JeffSayers I appreciate the offer to come without your gun but I wouldn't want you to get too scared and maybe have to change your little undies because you had to face the world full of SCARY PEOPLE without a pistol so go ahead and bring it.

Besides without the gun you might look like a normal person not a big chickenshit manchild

wow

Banned
imported post

your site talks about openly carrying devices that have no other purpose but to cause the death of another person and yet it doesn't allow swearing

thats just perverse

wow

Banned
imported post

wow those are some ugly women at that thing, I needed a second viewing to take it all in...at first I thought it was a total sausage fest but then I realized I had incorrectly classified some of the "ladies" as men

then I realized I had incorrectly classified all the overgrown snivelling babies as men.

JeffSayers

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, U
imported post

wow wrote:
your site talks about openly carrying devices that have no other purpose but to cause the death of another person and yet it doesn't allow swearing

thats just perverse

OK trollie boy, I know you will probably not learn anything from me tonight, but for some odd reason I feel pity upon you and will attempt to educate your sorry behind.

First off, we are regular people similar to you. We value life, peace and prosperity. We do not fantasize about violent encounters, we do not dream of the day when we "get" to shoot people. If you really believe that horse crap then I truly hope you do come to our next gathering. Perhaps you could put your preconceptions aside long enough to talk to us and learn the truth.

Do you realize that Michigan (and many other states) has approximately the same number of homicide and murder deaths on a yearly basis as suffered in the Iraq war?Have you bothered to research the facts that show crime rates fall when the public are armed? Do you really want your state to be like the former Washington D.C. where there were actually more deaths than the Iraq war on a yearly basis?

Do you really not grasp the fact that an armed society is a polite society?

Picture this, a desperate crook enters the bank looking to score. He looks around and sees half a dozen customers carrying firearms. He quickly turns around and leaves.

Get the point, no blood shed. No lives ended.

I could go on, but it is probably a waste of my time. I'll just hope you really do come out to our next gathering. And yes, if you still want to run the mouth I will l still leave my gun at home.

Rogue9er

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Don't feed the troll. Is there a mod who can clean up this mess?

By the way, I've already started getting hatemail to my umich.edu address. I love how no one had the courage to talk to us, but now that they're safely behind the internet, the abuse begins. I think I could have a rather good editorial in the Michigan Daily about this.

DanM

imported post

wow wrote:
[A lot of ad hominem attacks, but nothing of substance yet with regard to the anti-OC argument.]

Believe it or not, you can discussanti-OC arguments here objectively and courteouslyand you will be read and responded to in a courteous manner. You do realize there are many lurkers here, some that are"fence-sitters", and your approach is to the detriment of gaining sympathy and acceptance of the anti-OC view? You do want to persuade undecided folks to your way of thinking right? That will be more difficult if your way of thinking seems to them to be full of vitriole without substance.