• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ann Arbor Get-Together, Official Thread

DanM

imported post

Rogue9er wrote:
By the way, I've already started getting hatemail to my umich.edu address.

If any communication to youcrosses the line and seems to be a possible violation of law, or school policy if the sender is suspected to be a student, I would recommend youfile a written complaint.

ruger45

imported post

wow wrote:
JeffSayers I appreciate the offer to come without your gun but I wouldn't want you to get too scared and maybe have to change your little undies because you had to face the world full of SCARY PEOPLE without a pistol so go ahead and bring it.

Besides without the gun you might look like a normal person not a big chicken@#$% manchild
helllo i am in lansing alot and i would love to hear your side of the story and iwill leave my gun at home.i do not have diabetes and am in pretty good shape and do not get winded easily you @#@$%! &^%$.so when ever your ready just let me know.

THway

imported post

i second the motion ruger... but of course... i am a law abiding citizen. i have no issues having a conversation with trolls... so long as they dont bite. Other than a troll... it was a great event... I CAME!!! I SAW!!! I MADE IT HOME!!! thanks for the great food once again... and the great pictures.....

rudedude

imported post

wow wrote:
JeffSayers I appreciate the offer to come without your gun but I wouldn't want you to get too scared and maybe have to change your little undies because you had to face the world full of SCARY PEOPLE without a pistol so go ahead and bring it.

Besides without the gun you might look like a normal person not a big chicken@#$% manchild

I am glad Brave guys like this one are here to show us the way to be real He-men.

Is to run home and express your outrage on your computer in your basement..

I agree don't feed the Trolls..

TheSzerdi

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

kudos to the ann arbor police department for their courtesy and professionalism. it was nice that they checked with their attorney before jumping to conclusions.

ghostrider

imported post

TheSzerdi wrote:
David Askins, Editor of the online-only Ann Arbor Chronicle

http://blog.mlive.com/annarbornews_multimedia/2008/08/whois_david_askins.html

Video is ummm interesting?

http://annarborchronicle.com

http://homelessdave.com <-His personal blog thing.

UPDATE: http://annarborchronicle.com/2008/10/13/pistols-make-for-picnic-in-the-park/

I'm actually really impressed by that article. He presented it very well and was quite objective.
I wasn't all that impressed with it. I do admire his objectivity. however, reading the article gave me the impression that it's illegal to take a gun out of it's holster unless my life is threatened, and that all guns have loaded chamber indicators, and that it's illegal to OC into "banks, churches, courts, theaters, sports arenas, day care centers, hospitals, bars."