• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

open carry at Addison oaks

Gosirr

imported post

[align=left]Does preemption cover this? This a is a county park.[/align]

[align=left]http://www.oakgov.com/parksrec/assets/docs/ocp_rules.pdf[/align]The rule book is for all 13 parks not just addison oaks.

[align=left]P.6 Section 23. FIREARMS[/align]

[align=left]No person shall, at any time, bring into or upon the properties[/align]

[align=left]of the Commission, nor have in their possession, nor discharge[/align]

[align=left]or set off anywhere upon said properties, a revolver, pistol, shotgun,[/align]

[align=left]rifle, air rifle, air gun, water gun or any gun, rifle, firearm or[/align]

[align=left]other weapon that discharges projectiles either by air, explosive[/align]

[align=left]substance or any other force. Use of these items is prohibited by[/align]

[align=left]the Commission unless authorized. Provided, however, this section[/align]

[align=left]shall not apply to any deputy sheriff, police officer, peace officer,[/align]

[align=left]park officer, park ranger or other duly-appointed law enforcement[/align]

[align=left]officer while carrying out the duties and responsibilities of their[/align]

[align=left]position nor to any person while upon designated target ranges or[/align]

[align=left]areas. Provided further, that this section shall not affect the rights[/align]

[align=left]of individuals who possess a valid Concealed Pistol License issued[/align]
by the state of their residence.

THway

imported post

Gosirr wrote:

[align=left]Does preemption cover this? This a is a county park.[/align]

[align=left]http://www.oakgov.com/parksrec/assets/docs/ocp_rules.pdf[/align]The rule book is for all 13 parks not just addison oaks.

[align=left]P.6 Section 23. FIREARMS[/align]

[align=left]No person shall, at any time, bring into or upon the properties[/align]

[align=left]of the Commission, nor have in their possession, nor discharge[/align]

[align=left]or set off anywhere upon said properties, a revolver, pistol, shotgun,[/align]

[align=left]rifle, air rifle, air gun, water gun or any gun, rifle, firearm or[/align]

[align=left]other weapon that discharges projectiles either by air, explosive[/align]

[align=left]substance or any other force. Use of these items is prohibited by[/align]

[align=left]the Commission unless authorized. Provided, however, this section[/align]

[align=left]shall not apply to any deputy sheriff, police officer, peace officer,[/align]

[align=left]park officer, park ranger or other duly-appointed law enforcement[/align]

[align=left]officer while carrying out the duties and responsibilities of their[/align]

[align=left]position nor to any person while upon designated target ranges or[/align]

[align=left]areas. Provided further, that this section shall not affect the rights[/align]

[align=left]of individuals who possess a valid Concealed Pistol License issued[/align]
by the state of their residence.
To my knowledge preemption covers this. If the park is funded by the state, County or the city in which said park is located then it is covered under preemption. If i am wrong please correct me.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Gosirr wrote:

[align=left]Does preemption cover this? This a is a county park.
[/align]
If it's a public park preemption applies. Remember many of these ordinances were on the books before 1990 when preemption was enacted. There is no real reason for the locals to take them off the books. You will run into these ordinances all the time. All you can do is bring it up to the local supervisor/mayor, etc. and inform them that the firearm clauses are illegal and to remove them. They generally consult with their attorney, that will either agree or disagree. Generally nothing happens, but sometime they will change them.

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

so when's the picnic?

on a side note, the regulations also prohibit the molesting of animals and birds, so the picnic may not be quit as fun:banghead::lol::celebrate

warlockmatized

imported post

I took my daughter here camping the week before her 1st birthday. That was 17 years ago. Would LOVE to go back. Throw it up, see what happens. Count me in.

RICEWAY

imported post

I camp there 3-4 times a year. I think it would be a greatplace for a picnic, when it warms up a bit. I also think the s#@t will hit the fan when they get the "man with a gun" call. I havewitnessed the swarming of the county deputies on many occasions, but it's still a real fun place.

Venator

imported post

RICEWAY wrote:
I also think the s#@t will hit the fan when they get the "man with a gun" call. I havewitnessed the swarming of the county deputies on many occasions, but it's still a real fun place.
You may have to wait a while, of the more than ten events we have had so far this has yet to happen.

warlockmatized

imported post

Venator wrote:
RICEWAY wrote:
I also think the s#@t will hit the fan when they get the "man with a gun" call. I havewitnessed the swarming of the county deputies on many occasions, but it's still a real fun place.
You may have to wait a while, of the more than ten events we have had so far this has yet to happen.
You beat me to it Venator lol. Also would like to add there is STILL plenty of time for outdoor gatherings.

Venator

imported post

Thanks. Why is everything so hard to get to in this part of the state? Zig zag curvy roads, nothing seems to be on a direct route.

warlockmatized

imported post

Venator wrote:
Thanks. Why is everything so hard to get to in this part of the state? Zig zag curvy roads, nothing seems to be on a direct route.
Straight shot across 32 mile for us in the SE lol

ETA: This park charges PER car based on residency. Oakland County res $7, NON res $12. Just got off of the phone with them. Passes avail "AT" the park until Oct 18th. After that they must be purchased from the city OR......At the Valero gas station on the corner near the park. But they DO offer FREE....NON..pavilion picnicking. Pavilion is $350.00.

Gosirr

imported post

This is a really nice park. I have taken my family camping here for at least 10 years. They have 2 lakes for fishing, tons of trails for walking or bikeing. They even have frizbee golf (watch out for the poisen ive tho). Thecampers arethinning out big time and the place will be desolite after holloween.