• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Question regarding OC/CC in Texas

Gator5713

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Tim,
Welcome to OCDO.
I am curious as to why you chose to revisit an almost 2 month old thread to post something that has already been posted within the same thread and also many many many other times throughout this entire forum as your first post...
Is there a question or some new unique view on this that I somehow missed?
Not trying to be abrasive, just not necessarily the best way to introduce yourself..
Please feel free to browse through the rest of the forum, and most specifically our current campaign for Open Carry in Texas and add your insight there! Valid opinions, comments, supported arguments weather for or against are always welcome!

timsatx

imported post

Gator5713 wrote:
Tim,
Welcome to OCDO.
I am curious as to why you chose to revisit an almost 2 month old thread to post something that has already been posted within the same thread and also many many many other times throughout this entire forum as your first post...
Is there a question or some new unique view on this that I somehow missed?
Not trying to be abrasive, just not necessarily the best way to introduce yourself..
Please feel free to browse through the rest of the forum, and most specifically our current campaign for Open Carry in Texas and add your insight there! Valid opinions, comments, supported arguments weather for or against are always welcome

Gator, thanks for the welcome.

To be honest, I wasn't trying to introduce myself. I had not even heard about OC until I heard an interview on KTSA. That got me to come to the website and then to the forum.

I saw a Texas forum, went in there to look around, saw this thread and responded to it. The part that I brought up I did not see in this thread. The only thing I saw with regards to the law was:

§ 61.11. WARNING SIGN REQUIRED.
<snip>
(b) The sign must be at least 6 inches high and 14 inches
wide, must appear in contrasting colors, and shall be displayed in a
conspicuous manner clearly visible to the public.

There are a LOT of posts here. If I was curious about whether the issue of the 30.06 was posted before I would have searched for it. I was merely responding to this thread. Regardless of the age I think the information is pertinent. If I had seen it here then I probably would not have responded.

As I get a chance to peruse all the threads I am certain I will have more to add. Thanks for the welcome.

sheepdog

imported post

PrayingForWar wrote:
The goal is to have unlicensed OC, so even if you print, there is no crime commited. Right now, with a CHL, printing can get you thrown in jail, your gun taken, and license revoked.
This got me to thinking and remembering what was taught in the class I attended to get my Tx permit....and I checked just now with a tech at the DPS Licensing division...she said that printing or an accidental flashing can be treated as Unlawfully Carrying a Weapon...the officer can, if he sees it, arrest you, take the weapon and license, and, under PC42:01...then you could lose your license...the process would be outside the carry permit rules...because, if he spots it, even printing...you have an unconcealed weapon...

This isn't a big problem, I've carried with benefit of law or without, since I was 14-and never been spotted....you can learn to be careful....but it surely would be wonderful if the OC law would remove the possibility of the above happening...