• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Rumor???

broncbob

imported post

Heard this nasty rumor that BCI is passing around the info that you need two actions to open carry even with your CFP. Part two of the rumor is that the laws have changed to reflect this as well.

Have I just been under a rock and missed this, or is it a load of B.S. about the laws?

:question::cuss::question::cuss::question:

ScottyT

imported post

As of July 23, 2008:

[font="Arial,Helvetica"] 76-10-523. Persons exempt from weapons laws.
(1) ...
(2) The provisions of Subsections 76-10-504(1)(a), (1)(b), and Section 76-10-505 do not apply to any person to whom a permit to carry a concealed firearm has been issued:
(a) pursuant to Section 53-5-704; or
(b) by another state or county. [/font]

CFP holders are still exempt from 76-10-505 (carrying loaded on a street)

jaredbelch

Founder's Club Member
imported post

The rumor may have some truth to it only in the sense that they are rewriting the BCI "Rules" right now. The problem that they may or may not know is that they do not have the authority to make a rule that restricts permit holders to that. It would have to come from the legislature.