• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC outside Pres Debate

WCrawford

imported post

I was curious if anyone might plan to OC outside of Belmont University on Monday for the Presidential debate.

Depending on my work schedule, I'd like to do this as a form of protest against Obama's anti-gun/religion comment during the primaries.

Ideally, those there would have holy books (Bible, Torah, Koran, ect) and maybe signs stating that they cling to their guns and religion, but aren't bitter. :)

SomeKid

imported post

I just wish I could do it right outside the building the debates would be in. Preferably with a few dozen others. All openly carrying pistols.

Granted, after what the SS did in Denver, we might be attacked in the most literal way.

WCrawford

imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
I'm an Atheist and never bitter........ cantankerous, maybe, but never bitter.

You do realize that this event is being held on a college campus? A gun free zone?

I do realize this. That is why I said outside of the university. If it has to be across the street to be sure we are not on university property, so be it.

Right now, it is looking as if I'll have that evening free from work, but the weekend could change that.

WCrawford

imported post

SomeKid wrote:
I just wish I could do it right outside the building the debates would be in. Preferably with a few dozen others. All openly carrying pistols.

Granted, after what the SS did in Denver, we might be attacked in the most literal way.
I understand there is risk in any protest from the police state. Moreso when firearms are involved. Maybe a press release to the local media stating that this would be entirely peaceful would help.

Too bad Protest Warrior seems to be defunct, they'd be helpful.