• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Has any CC citizen ever had to pull their weapon to prevent a situation?

italianboy

imported post

Hey guys,
I am sure there are many stories that all of you can tell me, but I'd like to hear of TRUE stories for those of you who have had to pull your weapon to prevent or disarm (so to speak) a situation? If so I'd like to hear your results and how it was played when questioned by Police officers of why you pulled your weapon on someone?

One of my fears is having to pull my weapon to stop or prevent a situation, and not having to use the weapon, and then having to explain the situation to the police officers.

I had an instance a few months ago, (always around the holidays it never fails) to where a guy approached me at a gas station and pretty much threaten me. I wanted to draw down on him so bad, but this guy could've easily said that he did nothing wrong, in other words, it could've been my word against his. Luckly I did'nt have to, but if I would've had to, I didn't know what I would've said if I had to answer to a police officer.

Of course, there is no law that says that you can not pull your weapon out and point it at someone, (well I think you could get an attempted assault with a deadly weapon), or something like that. But I just wanted to know if anyone else had an experience they could share with me, and how they handled a situation similar to what I am describing? Thanks guys!

Louisiana Carry

imported post

I walked up on two 30ish year old females who were surrounded by seven teenage males. One of the males picked up a large chunk of concrete and proclaimed that we was about to bash one of the women with it. I held them at bay for several minutes until the police arrived. In that case, all I happend to have on me was a rather large fixed blade Kabar, so that is what I filled my hand with when things got hot enough to warrant it.

italianboy

imported post

Okay La. I know you were a PO, so you can go ahead and give me a better story than that. You being a prior PO you could give me your perspective on if you were to come up on a scene similar to this and had to interview me and the other guy. What would you look for, in other words, how would you know who was telling the truth and this guy were to just say, "this guy just pulled out a gun on me for no reason".

How would you handle that situation if you were the officer responding to a situation such as this?

Louisiana Carry

imported post

Not an insult, and I would probably be a good one, but I am such a hardcore libertarian that my conscience could only allow me to be a private LEO, which we do not have much place for nowadays.

I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express awhile back, though.

italianboy

imported post

LMFAO.. too funny! I know this post may seem ludicris and I honestly hope that I never have to pull my firearm on any one EVER. I'd probably be so damn scared I'd drop the damn thing before I could get it out, or do something like shoot my own toe!

I still do not know if the guy I am referring to had a weapon or not, because he kept reaching behind him, I am not sure if he was on crack or what, but he was very jumpy. I think the only thing that saved me from having to draw was that I had the gas pump in my hand, and I was between him and the door to my truck. My thoughts were to put as much in between us as I could because I knew I was in a bad position.

The guy made verbal threats after I told him to get lost, that's when he started like he was either itching his backside, trying to adjust his pants or wanting to pull something. That's when I pulled the pump out of my tank and kind of suttley pointed in his direction. He backed off at that point and walked away.

I know this is going to sound silly but, I do drive a nice vehicle and I have to dress up for the work that I do. I also have tocarry large amounts of cash sometimes on me. Which makes me a "high target". My wife used to think I was paranoid until I proved to her on three seperate occassions that bums and homeless people approach me without me giving them any reason to.

Again it's most likely the car I drive and the way I dress, which is something I can not change due to my job. Which again is why I want to hear if anyone else has had to do this before to down play a situation.

Oh and by the way, I just saved a ton of money by switching to Geico!