• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kelly Frey from WTAE Channel 4 News is coming to my house.

Aran

Banned
imported post

I just got off the phone a little bit ago. The date is set. 10AM Monday.

I'm not sure I'm going to be totally prepared, but let's hope it goes well.

The plan is to air the piece on November 5th. All the area SCCC Campus Leaders have been contacted, and at least 3-4 are doing interviews with her for the segment.

jahwarrior

imported post

what's the story gonna be on? the crap that happened to you? go get em, dude.

Aran

Banned
imported post

No, it's an interview about Students for Concealed Carry on Campus. I'm the Campus leader at IUP.

She's doing a piece on the organization, and the schools around the Pittsburgh area with chapters.

Statkowski

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

And I've got a reporter, Paul Pitara, from the Indiana Gazette coming to my borough council meeting. He's doing a write-up on the various places municipal councils meet. Yes, I'll be OCing as usual. I'll give him a Pa. Open Carry flyer.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Make sure you tell her that it is not unlawful for students and the public to carry guns on college campuses in most states, and that included PA, either openly at 18, or concealed with proper permit.

This fact is very important and missed in most discussions. Show her this map: http://www.opencarry.org/college.html

The only issue in PA is that we want colleges preempted specifically from enforcing campus gun bans thru administrative action against strudents and staff.

Only Utah so far appears to have specifically preempted state colleges on gun control.

Aran

Banned
imported post

Update: NEXT Monday.

Her photographer called off, and there was an Amber Alert issued (She's the morning anchor, and had to stick around) so she had to reschedule.

joe15003

imported post

Here is the link for the article:

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/news/17922895/detail.html

and video:

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/video/17926530/index.html

and the poll results:

[align=center]
popup_header_scene_280x30.gif
[/align]

Should students or anyone with a concealed weapons permit have the right to carry a handgun on a state-owned university?

Choice
Votes
Percentage of 3111 Votes

Yes
1444592.gif
56%

No
1444592.gif
44%

Thanks for voting!close window

Aran

Banned
imported post

I have to confess. I had some home issues that I had to take care of in NY, so I was unable to make the meeting to get in on the interview.

I'm glad things came out fairly balanced, however.