• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dinner before the Norfolk City Council meeting Tues 10/7?

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Anyone want to meet up for dinner before going to the Norfolk City Council meeting next Tuesday http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/16765.html?

Freemason Abbey has been suggested. Good food, close to City Council, and friendly to OC-ing. Looks like we would need to meet there between 5 & 5:30 to have time to eat then get to City Hall by 6:30 or thereabouts to get the VCDL "GUNS SAVE LIVES" stickers fro Phil.

I'll check responses mid-day Saturday and then post the meet-up place that received the most votes/suggestions, and make reservations there for however many responded + 10% for walk-ins.

Anybody know the Norfolk bus routes? What buses run past City Hall?

stay safe.

skidmark

MackTheKnife

imported post

skidmark wrote:
Anyone want to meet up for dinner before going to the Norfolk City Council meeting next Tuesday http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/16765.html?

Freemason Abbey has been suggested. Good food, close to City Council, and friendly to OC-ing. Looks like we would need to meet there between 5 & 5:30 to have time to eat then get to City Hall by 6:30 or thereabouts to get the VCDL "GUNS SAVE LIVES" stickers fro Phil.

I'll check responses mid-day Saturday and then post the meet-up place that received the most votes/suggestions, and make reservations there for however many responded + 10% for walk-ins.

stay safe.

skidmark
I would love to meet up for a pre-meeting dinner. Count me in.

C

ccloud43

imported post

MackTheKnife wrote:
skidmark wrote:

stay safe.

skidmark
I would love to meet up for a pre-meeting dinner. Count me in.

Me and the wife will be there for dinner and the meeting. As far as buses go, you would be lucky to get anywhere on time in Norfolk riding a bus. My wife used to work at an establishment with a bus stop outside and she would comment that the bus would drive right by a group of people standing at the sign and not stop. But then again I guess this is about normal for anything in Norfolk.

BTW Freemason Abby is just fine for us, and they are very OC friendly so I think we should support them.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

BTT.

See you there - I will make reservations for Freemason Abbey on Monday AM to allow folks the weekend to respond.

stay safe.

skidmark

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Reservations at 5:30 PM at the Freemason Abbey http://www.freemasonabbey.com/ under the name OCDO.

If anyone thinks we should start earlier 5:00?), please speak up now. Some of us are coming from out of town for the festivities.

Attendees so far:

danbus (guest of honor), skidmark (your host - but separate checks for all), MackTheKnife, ccloud43 and wife, GLW.

There are a few more seats available with the initial reservation, and if you either reply here or PM me before noon Tuesday I can increase the numbers.

stay safe.

skidmark

Bubba Ron

imported post

skidmark wrote:
Reservations at 5:30 PM at the Freemason Abbey http://www.freemasonabbey.com/ under the name OCDO.

If anyone thinks we should start earlier 5:00?), please speak up now. Some of us are coming from out of town for the festivities.

Attendees so far:

danbus (guest of honor), skidmark (your host - but separate checks for all), MackTheKnife, ccloud43 and wife, GLW.

There are a few more seats available with the initial reservation, and if you either reply here or PM me before noon Tuesday I can increase the numbers.

stay safe.

skidmark
Put us down for two. There should be no problem with seating at that early hour.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Bubba Ron wrote:
skidmark wrote:
Put us down for two. There should be no problem with seating at that early hour.

Attendees so far:

danbus (guest of honor), skidmark (your host - but separate checks for all), MackTheKnife, ccloud43 and wife, GLW, Bubba Ron +1.

Still have space available. PM me or post here until noon Monday for additions to the list. After that you take your chances.

stay safe.

skidmark

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Reverend73 wrote:
Wish I could be there to raise hell with you all. Make me proud.
You will be there - we take you everywhere we go.
I may even give your name if I'm stopped. :D

Briefing, mission & after action report - sounds like a plan.

Isn't Freemason Abby's too close to ride the bus?

Yata hey

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I'll probably be there, but I leave work at Ft. Eustis at 4.30 and it may take me a bit more than an hour at that time of day. If I'm late, I might just get some appetizers there and save my appetite for later at Hooters.

:celebrate

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Attendees so far:

danbus (guest of honor), skidmark (your host - but separate checks for all), MackTheKnife, ccloud43 and wife, GLW, Bubba Ron +1, Grapeshot, Dutch Uncle.

Still have space available. PM me or post here until noon Monday for additions to the list. After that you take your chances.

stay safe.

skidmark

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Attendees so far:

danbus (guest of honor), skidmark (your host - but separate checks for all), MackTheKnife, ccloud43 and wife, GLW, Bubba Ron +1, Grapeshot, Dutch Uncle, Kimbercarrier +1.

stay safe.

skidmark

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Attendees so far:

danbus (guest of honor), skidmark (your host - but separate checks for all), MackTheKnife, ccloud43 and wife, GLW, Bubba Ron +1, Grapeshot, Dutch Uncle, Kimbercarrier +1, WhatTimeIsIt.

stay safe.

skidmark