Thread: Question about CHP

Post imported post

How long does the fingerprinting, paperwork take to get a CHP? I live in Meck. County and go Fri.

Post imported post

I'm hearing 60 to 90 days. I'm going in a couple of weeks for mine in Gaston County. I expect the same here.

Post imported post

What I meant was the actual time in the office being fingerprinted and filling out paperwork. My bad.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Godscreation wrote:
    What I meant was the actual time in the office being fingerprinted and filling out paperwork. My bad.
    I would say expect to be there about an hour. Could be less, or could be more depending on how busy they are.

Post imported post

I had my appointment in Meck. county in August. It took about 45 min. They werent busy but they were bureaucrats, so ittook a while.

Be prepared to sign a medical history release form. I asked about it. Why do they want my medical history? What if I dont consent to the VOLUNTARYmedical search. They assured me the search was only for a history of drug use, all other information was not relevant. I also asked if they wanted to check my prostate. They acted as if they didnt hear me. But in the end, I consented, as they told me a denial for a medical history release form would jeapordizemy ability to get the permit.

Post imported post

Cumberland County. It took me about 30 minutes (mostly because they were using the new digital fingerprint scanner). After that and dropping my CC packet off, 2 1/2 weeks later I was called to come pick up my CHP.

Still open carry mostly, but when I'm out with the wife and kids I CC (saves arguments with the wife).

Post imported post

Good timing. I just received my notice that my CCW is now ready for pick-up. It has been 2 months since the application/fingerprint appointment.