• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Question about CHP

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Godscreation wrote:
What I meant was the actual time in the office being fingerprinted and filling out paperwork. My bad.
I would say expect to be there about an hour. Could be less, or could be more depending on how busy they are.

Panos1296

imported post

I had my appointment in Meck. county in August. It took about 45 min. They werent busy but they were bureaucrats, so ittook a while.

Be prepared to sign a medical history release form. I asked about it. Why do they want my medical history? What if I dont consent to the VOLUNTARYmedical search. They assured me the search was only for a history of drug use, all other information was not relevant. I also asked if they wanted to check my prostate. They acted as if they didnt hear me. But in the end, I consented, as they told me a denial for a medical history release form would jeapordizemy ability to get the permit.

ParaChem

imported post

Cumberland County. It took me about 30 minutes (mostly because they were using the new digital fingerprint scanner). After that and dropping my CC packet off, 2 1/2 weeks later I was called to come pick up my CHP.

Still open carry mostly, but when I'm out with the wife and kids I CC (saves arguments with the wife).