• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Obama And Our Gun Rights

Glockguy

imported post

Soo Iv been hearing a lot of talk.. that if Obama Takes Office we can Pretty much kiss our gun rights good bye...Or at least start seeing them Become tighter and tighter...Whats everyone's opinion on this? Is He really that Anti-gun?? I dunno it kinda scares me if that's the case..

machron1

imported post

He already said not renewing the "assault weapons ban" aka "scary black guns" ban was a mistake, and would re-instate it. He supported the DC handgun ban and other restrictive laws. He says he supports "common sense" gun legislation, as if murder being illegal isn't enough. He's a gun grabber for sure!

scoobydoo6906

imported post

I am going to say this, I think its pretty messed up that we (gun owners) have to vote a certain way to protect our 2nd amendment rights. not that I would vote for Obama or anything. I just think it is totally screwed up (I want to use harsher words but will not), what if this was the frist amendment? I don't undersand what about "shall not be infringed" people don't get. I think Obama is self righteous wanta be preacher dueshbag. not that I would feel a hell of a lot better is McCain was elected either. man I hate being backed into a corner, well thats how I feel about this election no choises that I feel that are good ones, If I were to vote I would vote for Ron Paul.

Dannny L

imported post

Obama will attack the first amendment also. The fairness doctrine does just that. I'm voting Mccain if that's worth anything.

JBURGII

imported post

Lets at least put Palin in control of theol Button.. she could at least hit what shes aiming at..

pdxwarrior

imported post

I agree - neither candidate is a choice that I am thrilled with. They both have their issues and unfortunately it is (as put above) a vote for the lesser evil. However, this seems to be becoming the norm - I don't think there's been a "good option" to pick from in the last three presidential elections: Bush vs Gore, Bush vs Kerry and now McCain vs Obama?

What really gets me is... "is this the best we have to offer for president?"

By the way.. does anyone else's eyes play tricks on them.. numerous times I had to do a double take on the Obama/Biden campaign signs because I swear the first time it looked to Obama Bin Laden.... <hmm>

(and yes I know the terrorists name is Osama)

JBURGII

imported post

Well, if Ron Paul had a snowballs chance, I would be voting that direction. I would be supporting Mcain/Palin cuz we at least have a chance to direct legislation with them in office. I am looking for ways to increase my input into the political future of this country. I am starting with some local work and will do my best to affect the national level. Meanwhile, I am cleaning and sighting in my firearms.. :cool:

I am glued to FOX News.. :what: