• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Weekend OC stories

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Monday I met Just_a_Car to swap some stuff, and try out metal detectors in a local park. (I picked a crappy park, I found 26 cents in two hours, and he found 30 cents)

While metal detecting we had a couple of conversations with folks in the park about metal detecting and OC, all pretty positive. Earlier we stopped in at Old School Pizza and had food, and no issues OC, although at least one person kept staring at my gun.

Tuesday I boarded the 101 near 148th street in Lynnwood, planning to get off at 196th.

A gentleman who was boarding with me saw my Security Six and asked "Is that a real gun?" I told him it was. He then said there was no way I would be allowed on the bus with it. After boarding the bus we chatted about OC for a while. Just as I was getting ready to get off the bus, another passenger sitting near me says "Why does a big person like you need to carry a gun?" I said just because I am big doesn't mean I have to restrict the way in which I can defend myself. He must have been looking for an argument or wanted to play tough guy as I was leaving so he had the last word and repeated his question. I again said there was nothing that required me to limit my personal protection options. At that point I was leaving the bus, leaving the confused or argumentitive person behind.

I stopped in at Ed's Surplus to pick up an ammo can, and see what was on the shelves that day. One customer remarked to the manager that I had a gun. The manger said it was okay, that they knew me. I finished my shopping, and we chatted about gear, and tried to find an East German SKS ammo pouch, or a MOLLE pouch that would fit SKS clips.

Got back on the bus, and went to Bellevue. I met a friend there, and we stopped in a Pizza Hut to have dinner. The manager asked if I had a permit to carry, and I explained that you didn't generally need one to OC, but that I did have a CPL. He was pretty cool with the whole thing and never said a word.

Finally got home. LONG weekend for me, not much sleep on Monday between a sore tooth and some friendly kittens that decided they had to share a too small couch with me as well... So glad to be home and back to a relaxing week of work!

Nebulis01

imported post

You appear to enjoy your pies. Every eaten at Cristano's up here in Marysville or #1 New York Pizza in Clearview (formerly of Alderwood)?

I'd be happy to treat you to a slice sometime.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

I don't get up to Marysville often, but if I do, I'll take you up on your offer, and make you the same if you come down to Oly.

Old School is a pretty cool place. Back in December we had about 22 people OCing in there, and they never cared. Plus they have good pizza so I try to support them when I can.

Dave The Welder

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
Old School is a pretty cool place. Back in December we had about 22 people OCing in there, and they never cared. Plus they have good pizza so I try to support them when I can.
That was some good pizza. I'm going to try to make it over again this December for another OC meet.

StrkAliteN

imported post

Nebulis01 wrote:
You appear to enjoy your pies. Every eaten at Cristano's up here in Marysville or #1 New York Pizza in Clearview (formerly of Alderwood)?

I'd be happy to treat you to a slice sometime.

+1 for Christiano's on State st :p

Great Italian food and pretty darn good prices also. Always excellent service from the waitstaff also.

compmanio365

imported post

Dave The Welder wrote:
sv_libertarian wrote:
That was some good pizza. I'm going to try to make it over again this December for another OC meet.
Mmm, another OC meet @ Old School I'd definitely be up for.......been hankering for a good pizza.