• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Great Britain Gun Ban

bossten1

imported post

Thats one scary video.The reality is it could happen someday here if we dont pay attention to who we vote for and watch bills looking to get passed.mcains got my vote!

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

bossten1 wrote:
Thats one scary video.The reality is it could happen someday here if we dont pay attention to who we vote for and watch bills looking to get passed.mcains got my vote!
This and more.

The idea that guns are somehow evil has been fed to the US population for forty years (I'm counting from the 1968 federal gun control act).

Its entrenched and regurgitated to kids in schools by teachers who got it from their teachers who got it from the NEA, etc., etc.

calmp9

imported post

I may have started this thread in the wrong place and I apologize to everybody if I did. Yeah, this is a scary video and the probability is high that it will happen to us. Here in California, if we were to shoot someone in self-defense, we're going to have to go through quite a bit to prove that we are in the right. In this state, the criminals have more rights than the victims do. On top of that, the family of the deceased asasaliant can still sue for wrongful death.

Oh, they will all learn the hard way. I just hope that it happens in my lifetime.

CoonDawg

imported post

I couldn't help but laugh at parts of the video. It is so disgusting to think such raw injustices and tyranny are in a modern country. It only took me about 3 seconds to realize it is nearly as bad here in the states, which caused me to laugh again.

calmp9

imported post

CoonDawg wrote:
I couldn't help but laugh at parts of the video. It is so disgusting to think such raw injustices and tyranny are in a modern country. It only took me about 3 seconds to realize it is nearly as bad here in the states, which caused me to laugh again.
All the pro-gun people seem to know what's going on. They read the publications and what's going. Most are pretty informed.

The government takeover is such a subtle process and it starts with small things. This is why the NRA fights the smallest of rights infringments because they know how it starts too.

CoonDawg

imported post

You're exactly right, and I realize that too. Which is why it infuriates me when people say "It's not a big deal, it doesn't affect you, pick your battles". Because that is entirely untrue: When it comes to government, you have to be unwavering and vigilant. Had we done this from the beginning, we wouldn't be on the edge of losing our guns altogether.

ourmanthejoker

imported post

Remember remember the fifth of November
Gunpowder, treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
Should ever be forgot...