• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

problems with high points?

Bear 45/70

imported post

David.Car wrote:
deepdiver wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
Yeah and there are morons on here that think it is OK to drink alcohol while carrying. They are a bigger danger than this guy by at least a factor of ten.
rolleyes.gif
Good point, Bear. Saturday, I had a glass of wine with dinner while CC at Pasta House in the local mall. As I finished the glass of wine, sensing my loss of faculties from my .004 BAC, my Sig suddenly jumped free from my holster and took off heading across the mall towards the Macy's bedding section. I can only imagine it was looking for a Hi Point on a pillow to get off with, er, go off with, er whatever. Luckily, one of my friends had not had any wine with dinner so was sober enough to run down the Sig, tackle it and forcibly bring it back to it's holster. I can't imagine the carnage in the bedding section if all of us had decided to drink a glass of wine that night. Definitely at least 10 times much more dangerous than discharging a loaded firearm in a concrete walled and floored room of an occupied residence. :shock:

I have heard about incidents like this... That is why I always test my firearms the Stan Smith way first...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM3j34i81Fk

I would much rather be around responsible gun owners who enjoy 1 beer/drink with dinner than those who are practicing how to cause a negligent discharge in their basement.

And again, we all know you don't drink, you have seen what drinking can do, blah blah blah we heard it all before.
Well don't ask Randy to defend you when you get busted for drinking and having an accident with your gun. He won't do it. Your kind of thinking is why very strick anti-gun laes get passed.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
David.Car wrote:
deepdiver wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
Yeah and there are morons on here that think it is OK to drink alcohol while carrying. They are a bigger danger than this guy by at least a factor of ten.
rolleyes.gif
Good point, Bear. Saturday, I had a glass of wine with dinner while CC at Pasta House in the local mall. As I finished the glass of wine, sensing my loss of faculties from my .004 BAC, my Sig suddenly jumped free from my holster and took off heading across the mall towards the Macy's bedding section. I can only imagine it was looking for a Hi Point on a pillow to get off with, er, go off with, er whatever. Luckily, one of my friends had not had any wine with dinner so was sober enough to run down the Sig, tackle it and forcibly bring it back to it's holster. I can't imagine the carnage in the bedding section if all of us had decided to drink a glass of wine that night. Definitely at least 10 times much more dangerous than discharging a loaded firearm in a concrete walled and floored room of an occupied residence. :shock:

I have heard about incidents like this... That is why I always test my firearms the Stan Smith way first...

I would much rather be around responsible gun owners who enjoy 1 beer/drink with dinner than those who are practicing how to cause a negligent discharge in their basement.

And again, we all know you don't drink, you have seen what drinking can do, blah blah blah we heard it all before.
Well don't ask Randy to defend you when you get busted for drinking and having an accident with your gun. He won't do it. Your kind of thinking is why very strick anti-gun laes get passed.
If I build a concrete room with a wooden upper floor above it and then put people on that upper floor while I start pulling the trigger on a loaded gun until it discharges and the bullet ricochets up through the floor and hits someone there can I call Randy then even though it was at least 10X less dangerous than having an untouched loaded firearm in a level II retention holster, concealed under a light sweater while eating dinner and acquiring a peak .004 BAC that was back to .000 within 10 minutes of finishing my meal or will he just tell me I am a moron?

Bear 45/70

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
David.Car wrote:
deepdiver wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
rolleyes.gif

If I build a concrete room with a wooden upper floor above it and then put people on that upper floor while I start pulling the trigger on a loaded gun until it discharges and the bullet ricochets up through the floor and hits someone there can I call Randy then even though it was at least 10X less dangerous than having an untouched loaded firearm in a level II retention holster, concealed under a light sweater while eating dinner and acquiring a peak .004 BAC that was back to .000 within 10 minutes of finishing my meal or will he just tell me I am a moron?
And this smarter than drinking and carrying, how?

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
deepdiver wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
David.Car wrote:
deepdiver wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
rolleyes.gif

And this smarter than drinking and carrying, how?
I have no idea how that would be smarter than having an adult beverage while carrying a gun, Bear. It seems much more stupid than having a glass of wine with dinner while carrying a gun. Actually it seems 1,000 times more stupid than having a glass of wine with dinner while carrying a gun, which doesn't sound stupid at all to many of us.

YOU are the one who said that having a glass of wine with dinner was 10X more dangerous than shooting a loaded firearm in a concrete room with an occupied residence above you. I was being facetious to point out how ridiculous that position is but you said that Randy wouldn't defend me if I had a .004 BAC from a glass of wine with dinner and then had to use my sidearm for self-defense on TOP of saying that my .004 BAC is 10X more dangerous than shooting off a sidearm in a concrete room. I don't think you meant all that and we should probably start over with the entire "factor of 10" thing.

kparker

imported post

Oh, please, instead of rearguing this whole thing again, how about if everyone (and especially Bear) just goes over there and re-reads it, and leaves this thread to the OP???

Bear 45/70

imported post

kparker wrote:
Oh, please, instead of rearguing this whole thing again, how about if everyone (and especially Bear) just goes over there and re-reads it, and leaves this thread to the OP???
You're an idiot for mixing guns and drinking alcohol and tolerating from others.

David.Car

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:

The biggest problem here is (as we argued about at legnth in the drinking thread) that you think a person having 1 drink with dinner = DUI, swerve all over the road, pull gun out and act like a jack ass...

The plain and simple to seefact is that you are so intolerant of anything having to do with alcohol (that is a personal matter of yours I don't know why, doesn't really matter either) that you are blind to any logical argument on the other side. That is what many people call being obtuse.

You are so set in your own way and own argument that nothing will change your mind, no matter what facts or examples are laid in front of you, you are just not going to change. You will stick to your opinion no matter how wrong it is.

So, since you fail to see how having 1 drink with a meal will cause no difference in your bodies reactions and physical abilities (please don't make me pull up the medical reports proving this AGAIN) this is just going to keep going in circles, with you resorting to name calling, and never justifying anything.

Again, a simple fact that we should all be able to agree on, pulling the trigger on a firearm that has ammo in the magazine is a really bad idea.

Edit: Your post above this one is a perfect example of your problem. You just resort to mocking people without bringing any logic to your side of the table.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I sincerely hope that Cynicist will purchase some snap caps and never again play with a loaded gun, or a gun with a loaded mag even with an empty chamber, in that way again. While we can argue about consuming an adult beverage while in possession of a loaded firearm, I think we can all agree that Cynicist is violating common sense and rules of safe firearm handling.

Cynicist PLEASE purchase snap caps to use for such experimentation and testing! I would hate to read of an injury or death from an ND due to such handling of a sidearm.

kparker

imported post

No, Bear, I'm an idiot for not wanting this thread to degenerate into the latest episode of Bear Against All The Idiots Out There. I've seen this show before, too many times, and believe me--it's boring, unnecessary, and turns people off.