• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My 91/30 is no longer alone

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

I just picked up a numbers matching, 1944 Izhevsk to put along side it in the cabinet.

IMG00381.jpg

IMG00382.jpg

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

scilence wrote:
Looks like a nice rifle, Hope you have fun with it.
Until I fire it, you are the only one who knows how nice it is since you owned it before. I can't wait to get the 2 of them out shooting. We got to get some folks together and do a "dusk" shoot at the pit with pics.

Maybe we should revive the 7.62x54R get together....

David.Car

imported post

lol. I also just picked up an M44 to go with the 91/30's. The finish on that stock appears to still be pretty darn nice too.

Get that out and let it kick. Tell us how your shoulder feels after a day with it ;)

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Get that out and let it kick. Tell us how your shoulder feels after a day with it ;)
My usual day of shooting the Nagant is to take 110 rounds however I feel that I may have to double that now. My best day was 320 rounds through the 91/30.

The worse my shoulder has ever been was with Bear's 45/70 and that was only 20-25 rounds.

scilence

imported post

That rifle has gone through about 500 rounds of ammo. I went out to the pit twice with my buddy who had a 91/30, we split a 1000 round crate.

I have to say I liked shooting my M44 more because of its size. I do think comparably the M44 and the 91/30 are almost spot on when it comes to accuracy.

The first go round however, I did come back with a concussion bruise on my shoulder, it looked as if it was dirty or something because it was just an abusive brown and yellow color. I am not sure whether it was primarily from my M44 or if it was from the Mossberg 500 Mariner I has at the time. I did abuse my shoulder quite a bit doing speed shots into a wooden box.

Anyhow. I will be looking to do some practice with the "new to me" 1911 Dan Wesson I picked up, so if you are going to set a date to roll out, let me know and I could be the guy without a mosin ;)

David.Car

imported post

I have 1200 rounds of 7.62x54r Bulgarian Yellowtip arriving on Monday... But the West side is a little bit far for a range trip... :)

Edit: Stupid spelling errors...