• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

BELLE ISLE PICNIC - DATE

Please choose the option that works best for you. Majority will rule.

• Who cares about gas prices? October 19th.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a jacket. October 26th.

• Forget about it. With the timing and weather, let's just make a spring event of it.

• Total voters

warlockmatized

imported post

I personally don't think i am going to make A2. So the fact that it is back to back weekends isn't a factor for me. The sooner the better, October would deff be better than November IMO. October is a funny month where weather is concerned. I have shopped F-muth in October in just a T and jeans walking the streets eating ice cream lol.

I am in for either date. Prefer the 26th since i have the gun board on the 24th ;)

cmdio

imported post

I'm down for either, like I've said before I wont be able to give a definite answer until a few days before, but there are no long term commitments interfering with either date

SpringerXDacp

imported post

I voted for Sunday, October 26. I would really like to attend this one, but it's too early right now for me to confirm attendance.

warlockmatized

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
I voted for Sunday, October 26. I would really like to attend this one, but it's too early right now for me to confirm attendance.
I too prefer the 26th, but anytime before the snow flies and it's too chilly works for me.

Would like to see MORE of an interest since we may not have many more opportunities to cook outside. Maybe the location is scaring people off? If that is the case i wish they'd pipe up so we can make necessary changes.

cmdio

imported post

warlockmatized wrote:
Maybe the location is scaring people off? If that is the case i wish they'd pipe up so we can make necessary changes.

There is really no reason to be afraid of the location, and now really thinking about things, I'm not even worried about a DPD response, because for that to happen someone would have to call the police. There will be few if anyone on the island early afternoon unless it is a beautiful day, lately the island has been getting busy later in the evening like after 6pm, but that was before this cold snap. I think it should go very well.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

cmdio wrote:
warlockmatized wrote:
Maybe the location is scaring people off? If that is the case i wish they'd pipe up so we can make necessary changes.

There is really no reason to be afraid of the location, and now really thinking about things, I'm not even worried about a DPD response, because for that to happen someone would have to call the police. There will be few if anyone on the island early afternoon unless it is a beautiful day, lately the island has been getting busy later in the evening like after 6pm, but that was before this cold snap. I think it should go very well.

For those who may be a bit concerned, all they need to remember is that we are all on the same bus. Meaning, If they are concerned about be arrested/harassed, I can appreciate their concern,then think of it this way,if one OCer is arrested/harassed we all will be.

ETA: It just ain't going to happen folks so post your attendance confirmations. :)

warlockmatized

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
cmdio wrote:
warlockmatized wrote:

For those who may be a bit concerned, all they need to remember is that we are all on the same bus. Meaning, If they are concerned about be arrested/harassed, I can appreciate their concern,then think of it this way,if one OCer is arrested/harassed we all will be.
EXACTLY...

ETA: Keep in mind that this can happen at ANY gathering.

warlockmatized

imported post

cmdio wrote:
JeffSayers wrote:
If we get arrested, I hope they can keep track of what weapons belong to who!
I really hope DPD doesn't "lose" any of the guns they confiscate. I also know that DPD often wants to see the safety inspection card of any pistol you are carrying concealed during traffic stops, whatnot, or else they keep the pistol until you can prove that you own it by brining in the card. I know this isn't legal, but it might be a good idea to have your safety check certificate tucked away somewhere with you so you don't have to make a trip down to detroit to re-claim your property.
STOP STOP STOP! This talk of confiscation, jail and any other negativity needs to stop.

MMC

imported post

I would love to attend this outing. I would like to bring a few people who still doubt the whole concept. please count me in for any date.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

MMC wrote:
I would love to attend this outing. I would like to bring a few people who still doubt the whole concept. please count me in for any date.

Bring as many as you wish. Just let us know how many you are bringing. Also, see the Events Schedule Thread for items you and your guests may be able to bring.

Link: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/15478.html

JeffSayers

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, U
imported post

OK, still a little shy of all the original voters, but I am going to call it. We have a majority vote to have the event and we are split in half on the date. I am going to call it October 26th.

Would everyone please send me a PM with your status. (confirmed / possible and guest count if available) Of course, any offers for item needed (see official post in event thread) would be much appreciated.

pmcqueen37

imported post

I'm new to this forum, but live in the area, and would be interested in attending, but I'm not familiar with the proper protocol, so to speak, if anybody would help out with a little advice, it would be appreciated, thanks

SpringerXDacp

imported post

pmcqueen37 wrote:
I'm new to this forum, but live in the area, and would be interested in attending, but I'm not familiar with the proper protocol, so to speak, if anybody would help out with a little advice, it would be appreciated, thanks

Welcome to OCDO pmc. PMme so Iknow that you will attend the Belle Isle event and items (supply) you will bring. See Michigan Events Schedule Thread.

Thread: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/15478.html

ETA: JeffSayers---->me. Also, pmc---->pmcqueen37

pmcqueen37

imported post

Thanks, will have to clear it with the wife first before I commit, also not sure if I want to carry, only because My gun is an S&W .357 and it tends to be on the heavy side to the point of pulling down your pants if your not carefull. And just to help make things more clear on my screen name, pmcqueen = Pat McQueen 37 was my age 10 years ago.