• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

BELLE ISLE PICNIC - DATE

Please choose the option that works best for you. Majority will rule.

• Who cares about gas prices? October 19th.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a jacket. October 26th.

• Forget about it. With the timing and weather, let's just make a spring event of it.

• Total voters

SpringerXDacp

imported post

pmcqueen37 wrote:
Thanks, will have to clear it with the wife first before I commit, also not sure if I want to carry, only because My gun is an S&W .357 and it tends to be on the heavy side to the point of pulling down your pants if your not carefull. And just to help make things more clear on my screen name, pmcqueen = Pat McQueen 37 was my age 10 years ago.

Carry is not required at any event. My first take on pmc was ammo. :)

http://www.pmcammo.com/pdf/2008-PMC-Catalog.pdf

pmcqueen37

imported post

My only concern, would be the transportation from home to the site, since this is not a range, gun store, police station etc., there is the possibility of the Detroit cops deciding that they want to press the transportation issue, any opinion on that subject ?

I have in the past , dealt with police, who have, although I was not in the wrong, chosen to detain, question, harrass etc., then was forced to deal with the issue in the court sytems, with a lawyer and so on, although it was not firearm related, I still can see the same recipe for abuse, similiar to the people of New Orleans with the gun confiscation following hurricane Katrina. Does this sound paranoid. Also this concern is with the Detroit PD. only, I would not have an issue with some of the other OC venues, such as Ann Arbor, Warren and so on.

warlockmatized

imported post

pmcqueen37 wrote:
My only concern, would be the transportation from home to the site, since this is not a range, gun store, police station etc., there is the possibility of the Detroit cops deciding that they want to press the transportation issue, any opinion on that subject ?

I have in the past , dealt with police, who have, although I was not in the wrong, chosen to detain, question, harrass etc., then was forced to deal with the issue in the court sytems, with a lawyer and so on, although it was not firearm related, I still can see the same recipe for abuse, similiar to the people of New Orleans with the gun confiscation following hurricane Katrina. Does this sound paranoid. Also this concern is with the Detroit PD. only, I would not have an issue with some of the other OC venues, such as Ann Arbor, Warren and so on.
The transportation law uses the word "includes" and then gives a list. It is the opinion of myself, MANY people on this site and Sgt Deasy from MSP in Lansing, the "list" included in the description is NOT...i repeat NOT...an ALL inclusive list. STILL if you would rather be safe than sorry, you can meet me somewhere close to the event and i can transport for you :)

disclaimer: I am NOT a lawyer, nor did i stay at an over advertised cheesy hotel chain last night.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

warlockmatized wrote:
pmcqueen37 wrote:

The transportation law uses the word "includes" and then gives a list. It is the opinion of myself, MANY people on this site and Sgt Deasy from MSP in Lansing, the "list" included in the description is NOT...i repeat NOT...an ALL inclusive list. STILL if you would rather be safe than sorry, you can meet me somewhere close to the event and i can transport for you :)

disclaimer: I am NOT a lawyer, nor did i stay at an over advertised cheesy hotel chain last night.
Don't even go there. We all know you better than that. :)

maeqFREEDOMfree

imported post

Man i'm out of the loop! i need to get back to checking here every day.

The pics from A2 event looked great and some of the articles that were written were awesome. I won't be able to make this event but have fun all! can't wait to hear about it and see the pictures!

pmcqueen37

imported post

Has any one considered posting flyers at your local gun club / range /stores, on their bulliten boards, for these outings, seems to Me that this would be an easy way to get theword out. Jusy My .02 $

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

pmcqueen37 wrote:
Has any one considered posting flyers at your local gun club / range /stores, on their bulliten boards, for these outings, seems to Me that this would be an easy way to get theword out. Jusy My .02 $
Yes. Any way to get the word out. These clubs are good places to leave some OC info papers for anyone that's interested.

pmcqueen37

imported post

Got the Ok from the wife, so i'll be there around noon, I have a family get together at 3:30 so i'll have to leave by 3, but that leaves Me 3 hours, I notice all the areas of stuff to bring are already filled up, any suggestions, also My 80 year old neighbor and His brother in law plan on stopping by as well, not sure for how long tho.. I'll also bring my camera, can never have to many pics.

P.S. I was thinking possibly bratwurst and buns, I noticed they weren't listed.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

pmcqueen37 wrote:
Got the Ok from the wife, so i'll be there around noon, I have a family get together at 3:30 so i'll have to leave by 3, but that leaves Me 3 hours, I notice all the areas of stuff to bring are already filled up, any suggestions, also My 80 year old neighbor and His brother in law plan on stopping by as well, not sure for how long tho.. I'll also bring my camera, can never have to many pics.

P.S. I was thinking possibly bratwurst and buns, I noticed they weren't listed.
PMC, I added you +2 and the items you mentioned to the Belle Isle list.

warlockmatized

imported post

Heads up! The forecast for Sunday says...Windy with a few showers possible. High 54F. Winds WSW at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of rain 30%. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.

Plan for it :)