• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Please Explain this to me!

CCarry

imported post

If educating the public aboutOC is supposed to make OC more acceptable and people less afraid. Then why does it seem like there are a lot of people on here who marriages are on the rocks because of it? Flame me if you want but I am posting this as a serious question.

Thanks

CCarry

imported post

ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
Define: "A lot" like two? shouldn't you have said, 'a couple' ?

Seems like your just stirring the pot to me bud.
Ok... maybe a lot is too broad of a statement but without naming people, out of consideration for their situation, I can easily find four that have stated something a long the lines of my question within the last little while.

jaredbelch

Founder's Club Member
imported post

CCarry wrote:
If educating the public aboutOC is supposed to make OC more acceptable and people less afraid. Then why does it seem like there are a lot of people on here who marriages are on the rocks because of it? Flame me if you want but I am posting this as a serious question.

Thanks
Do you actually believe that OC is the root cause of their divorces?

Utah_Patriot

imported post

I open carry my wife is fine with it never affected our marriage of 9 years. I belive that OC has nothing to do with anyone marriage breaking up. Just another thought provoking post that has no merit

CCarry

imported post

jaredbelch wrote:
Do you actually believe that OC is the root cause of their divorces?
I am just going by what they have posted. They claimed that OC was putting their marrage on the rocks so to speak.

CCarry

imported post

ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
Now THATS how you get in trouble bro...
I was told numerous times that this site is for OC discussion only, not CC or anything else, so if they are not getting along with your spouse for reasons other then OC why post about it here? You would be better off posting about it on a DR. Phil forum, right?

UTOC-45-44

imported post

CCarry wrote:
ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
I was told numerous times that this site is for OC discussion only, not CC or anything else, so if they are not getting along with your spouse for reasons other then OC why post about it here? You would be better off posting about it on a DR. Phil forum, right?

You are right I believe. NOT that OC is the MAIN reason, however, it may NOT help if the spouse have the slightest AGAINST it, then it just may be another thing to bring to the stack of things. So to speak.

You will then get the " YOU NEVER LISTEN TOO ME" :uhoh:arguement and how he/she has said that he/she never felt "comfortable" with it in the first place but "kinda"accepted it.

OCwith1911

imported post

My wife occasionally got after me for OCing, Or carrying my weapon at all. She thought that i was trying to be a hero or some king of gun slinging outlaw. Finally I sat down with her and told her it's nothing like that. That i carry for her safety And mine. And she now understands why but never has it ever had any affect on our marriage.

b1ack5mith

imported post

CCarry wrote:
ProtectedBy9mm wrote:

"CCARRY" is his name... hes completely right, this site is for OPEN CARRY, not CONCEAL CARRY"

bye bye troll :D

ScottyT

imported post

My wife always supported my OCing, she would love to jump in on conversations by curious passer-by, helping to educate them.

OCing was definitely NOT a factor in my marital troubles (which are on their way to being resolved!!!) :celebrate

CCarry

imported post

b1ack5mith wrote:
CCarry wrote:
ProtectedBy9mm wrote:

"CCARRY" is his name... hes completely right, this site is for OPEN CARRY, not CONCEAL CARRY"

bye bye troll :D
I favor CC but all of my posts have been trying to understand OCers but all I got was labeled a Troll because my views aredifferent. Feel free to continue to call me a troll if you want but just so you know I have no intentions of departing. I feel my points and questions are vaild and are warranted to be posted here. If you feel different they simply don't respond.