• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Second Amendment Sisters on Hain incident

rodbender

imported post

http://www.hawaiireporter.com/story.aspx?3a4b6d81-71f0-4701-8037-d3b587cb0bf4

Second Amendment Sisters Applaud Meleanie Hain
By Suzanne Gratia Hupp, 10/1/2008 6:16:39 AM

Lakeway, TX - We at Second Amendment Sisters applaud the common sense of Meleanie Hain for taking a handgun to her 5-year-old's soccer game in Pennsylvania.
Ms. Hain has her concealed carry permit, and was carrying her handgun openly, as allowed by Pennsylvania law. County Sheriff Mike DeLeo revoked her concealed carry permit, doubting her character and her reputation. Mike DeLeo had never met Meleanie Hain.
Although some parents were "upset" at the sight of the handgun, we hope they will think about all the mass shootings that could have been stopped in their tracks by one law-abiding person with a gun. Meleanie Hain could be just that person. I lived through one of those mass shooting ... my parents didn't. The idea of that happening again with my young children makes me physically ill. That's why THIS soccer mom also carries her weapon to games. I want my children safe from crazies who look for so called "gun-free zones" such as these naïve parents and kowtowing sheriff want to create.
Think it can't happen in your town? Tell that to the people at Columbine, or at the Luby's Cafeteria, or the Amish school, or Jewish daycare center, or Virginia Tech. Isn't it interesting that all of the mass shootings in this country occur at places where guns aren't allowed? Law-abiding gun owners in the U.S. stop an estimated 2-1/2 million crimes a year. Shame on those silly parents. Shame on Sheriff DeLeo. Kudos to Ms. Hain for taking precautions to protect her child (as well as everyone else's). I'll bet she makes certain her kid wears his/her seatbelt, as well.
Suzanne Gratia Hupp is the Spokeswoman for the Second Amendment Sisters. Reach her at mailto:saspress@2asisters.org Second Amendment Sisters Inc. is a women's advocacy group dedicated to preserving the basic human right of self-defense as recognized by the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I used to love hearing her on the radio when she subbed for Jeff Ward. She's been a great asset to our cause.