• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

twist of fate

unreconstructed1

imported post

well, yesterday I got a call from my Unions business agent, wondering if I was available to take a job. I take the job and report to work this morning. after 7 hours of orientation, the company rep let us know that the job had been cancelled, and we were now officially laid off... hell, I even shaved my goatee for this, and I hate shaving. needless to say, I was hacked. called the union hall and let them know that the idiots they dispatched me to had called out workers before they even got a contract for the job, and that I had to be put back on the out of work list.

got home, hacked off, aggravated, and feeling just a wee bit naked without my facial hair, and my wife hands me a letter from TNDOS. opened it up, and there is the HCP that I've been waiting for for so long. that made the whole day worthwhile.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Run away if anybody ever tells you "Cheer up. Things could be worse."

Somebody said that to me. I decided to follow their advice, and cheered up. They were right - things got worse!

Sorry to hear you got shafted about the job. Glad you got your HCP. Do you have enough $$ or ammo that you can go to the range and relieve a little stress?

stay safe.

skidmark

unreconstructed1

imported post

skidmark wrote:
Run away if anybody ever tells you "Cheer up. Things could be worse."

Somebody said that to me. I decided to follow their advice, and cheered up. They were right - things got worse!

Sorry to hear you got shafted about the job. Glad you got your HCP. Do you have enough $$ or ammo that you can go to the range and relieve a little stress?

stay safe.

skidmark
actually, i'm sort of trying to ... conserve... my ammo at the moment. things get much worse, and we may wish we had a little bit more...

don't worry though, I'm not stressed. my name is near the top of the call list, so I should be back to work in a couple of days...