• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone else have this problem?

grimstar

imported post

I haven't been carrying much lately, open or concealed...

and here's why...

It seems that everywhere I go these days, I end up at some place that I am not allowed to carry. For example

Taking my 3 year old son to pre-school...I have to park on school property. In NC, school property = no firearms, even in my vehicle.

Taking my son to see Thomas the tank engine tomorrow...once we arrive, admission charged = no firearms

Going to the post office to drop off a package...post office = no firearms

Since I try to run all other errands I need to do in town during the hours my son is in pre-school, in order to make efficient use of fuel...my weapon is at home, due to the circumstances of example #1

I'm beginning to realize that NC law has very effectively tied the hands of anyone who wishes to carry, openly or concealed, and who actually has a life.

It's very frustrating. I hope I'm not the only person who has this problem...then again, for everyone else's sake, I hope I AM the only one who has this problem.

Sorry for being such a downer...I guess I just needed to vent.

Grimstar

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

You're absolutely right. With this State's current restrictions, it's nearly impossible to go through a normal day of work, errands, and leisure time without having to be unarmed. This is why I feel the urge to bang my head into something when I hear guys at the range say that NC's gun laws aren't bad at all. :banghead: It could always be worse, they say. We're kinda stuck in the middle. We're not free like Alaska, or even Virginia, but we're not nearly as bad off as New York, Illinois, or even Texas.

rdinatal

imported post

Personally I think the biggest step would be to remove the prohibition where alcohol is sold and consumed. It seems redundant when it's zero tolerance with BAL >0.

Yes, I find NC prohibitive to everyday carry.

-R

SPRINGFIELD_45_ACP

imported post

Yes i agree with the restaurants that serve & consume alcohol & all of the above...Our hands are tied because we all want to obey the law..How can we go about getting some of these removed...I think it starts with out local senators from there on..............

Sub

imported post

Your right.. I can't even carry on the weekday due to i take my kid to school then i head off to school my self till 5pm. Friday is a short day for me, so soon as i get home i pretty much wear till monday.

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

I will never recommend this course of action to anyone, but there are those whose families and own lives are more important than badly written laws. The chance that a need for a firearm should arise is almost exponentially increased in the places where firearms are not allowed as prohibited by NC state law. Some of the folks who ignore the law would rather take their chances that a concealed firearm will go unnoticed. Indeed, the only time anyone would know that person is armed is the moment the armed citizen issaving their lives. But, as I mentioned, I do not condone nor practice this behavior. I think guns are bad and they make bad things happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM3j34i81Fk&eurl=http://www.meatriarchy.com/?p=830

:p