Thread: New to open carry

Post imported post

My husband and I are new to open carry and just received our permits. Where can I find info in Obama's plan to possibly take away our rights to carry?

Post imported post

Well, you can try http://www.gunbanobama.com/ though of course that's a highly one-sided site (as if others aren't.) I'd prefer the presentation to be a bit lower-key, but maybe that's just me.

The bottom like, though, is that while Obama has been clearly on the strongly anti-gun side his entire career, there isn't any specific plan that he's set forward in his presidential campaign as far as I can tell. Surely post-Heller, and until the composition of the Supreme Court changes again, there's not much he could do, and most definitely anything serious he tried to do via executive fiat would be swiftly struck down.

That's still no reason to vote for him, however: like so many other issues this time around, the choice is between one candidate who isn't all that good, and one who is positively dreadful.

Opt-Out Members
    Kitsap & Whatcom Counties, Washington, USA

Post imported post

http://www.factcheck.org/ will give you the true story on Obama's policies.

Post imported post

Nope; factcheck.org seems neither accurate nor impartial on this issue.

Post imported post

kparker wrote:
    Well, you can try http://www.gunbanobama.com/ though of course that's a highly one-sided site (as if others aren't.) I'd prefer the presentation to be a bit lower-key, but maybe that's just me.

The bottom like, though, is that while Obama has been clearly on the strongly anti-gun side his entire career, there isn't any specific plan that he's set forward in his presidential campaign as far as I can tell. Surely post-Heller, and until the composition of the Supreme Court changes again, there's not much he could do, and most definitely anything serious he tried to do via executive fiat would be swiftly struck down.

That's still no reason to vote for him, however: like so many other issues this time around, the choice is between one candidate who isn't all that good, and one who is positively dreadful.
    Of course he is against us having guns. He has said before that if push comes to shove he will side with the Muslims. So he wants to disarm us to make us easy targets for his chosenallies.

Post imported post

He has said before that if push comes to shove he will side with the Muslims.
    Wow; I'm completely opposed to Obama as a candidate, but do you have a cite for that statement?

Post imported post

kparker wrote:
    Wow; I'm completely opposed to Obama as a candidate, but do you have a cite for that statement?
    Reported several times in the media before he dumped his racist church.

Post imported post

That's a rather long way of saying "No".

Post imported post

kparker wrote:
    That's a rather long way of saying "No".
    "NO" I haven't looked. But I personally saw it in print.

Post imported post

The question wasn't "Are you sure?" It was "Do you have a citation?"

Saying "I saw it somewhere a while ago" is not a citation.

Really, no offense meant--but if I'm going to mention this elsewhere, I really need to be able to say such-and-such a media outlet published this (either web link or date and page #); I can't really go around saying, "Some guy who posts under a pseudonym at opencarry.org says that it's true."

Post imported post

kparker wrote:
    The question wasn't "Are you sure?" It was "Do you have a citation?"

Saying "I saw it somewhere a while ago" is not a citation.

Really, no offense meant--but if I'm going to mention this elsewhere, I really need to be able to say such-and-such a media outlet published this (either web link or date and page #); I can't really go around saying, "Some guy who posts under a pseudonym at opencarry.org says that it's true."
    Well unfortunately today has been one of those days where my time has not been mine to do as I wished. So have not had time to hunt for it. But if my word isn't good enough for you, then nothing will be.

Post imported post

No info on Obama, However there are quite a few of us near to Spanaway for a meet.

The Red Rose Cafe has great food and I've OC'd there many times.

Post imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote
    . He has said before that if push comes to shove he will side with the Muslims.
    I also heard John McCain said that he'll put all ACLU members in concentration camps. And no, I don't have to prove it. This is the internet, and I can say anything I want without having to back it up.

How come nobody bashes on his Jewish first name?

Post imported post

kparker wrote:
    It's straight out of OB;s book...He's the one that said it/wrote it.

The book was: " The Audicity of ....something or other"

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

It is true and the book title is "The Audacity of Hope" which is the title he also used duringhis speech at the2004 Democratic convention and alsothe title of a sermon by Reverend Wright.Obama's allegiance and viewpoint seem to have changed rather dramatically since he started his run for president though.

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q...WI5MjJiODA2MmU=

Post imported post

Ifner,

I know what the title of Obama's book is, and the source for the title. What I'm trying to track down is any authoritative documentation of this claim:

He has said before that if push comes to shove he will side with the Muslims
    There is plenty of unfavorable things said about Obama in the item you linked to, but nothing related to the above item. Can you provide an actual source citation?

Post imported post

kparker wrote:
    Ifner,

I know what the title of Obama's book is, and the source for the title. What I'm trying to track down is any authoritative documentation of this claim:

He has said before that if push comes to shove he will side with the Muslims
    There is plenty of unfavorable things said about Obama in the item you linked to, but nothing related to the above item. Can you provide an actual source citation?
    Look in the book, maybe at the library.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Google is your friend...

“In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans … have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging,” he laments. “I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.”

Post imported post

Thanks, Steve!

As far as that statement is concerned, it's a whole lot tamer than what Bear implied, and given all the other more serious negatives on Obama's scorecard, it hardly seems to matter. If (as a conterfactual) he were in every other way equivalent to McCain, then sure, that statement might cause me to reject him, as it puts him somewhat into the "Yes, the Constitution is a Suicide Pact" camp. But note that someone who has named his living quarters after after a certain political concept might well disagree with me at that point! :?