• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Last day to register to VOTE is Monday 10/6!!!!

richarcm

imported post

REGISTER TO VOTE!

Monday 10/6 is the LAST day to register if you haven't already. You must either go to your local voting station and register or have your application postmarked by 10/6.

Your vote DOES count and is VERY important this year.

If you have been meaning to vote but haven't registered yet....PLEASE TAKE CARE OF THIS THIS WEEKEND!!!!!!!

Thanks. :)

richarcm

imported post

kenny wrote:
I think what he is trying say go to your local Voter Registar, which should be located in or near your county office or city hall building.
I think what we BOTH meant was registRar. :dude:

nova

imported post

I'm voting McCain/Palin '08 but my reasons for it is more like NOBAMA '08.

richarcm

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
Palin looked impressive in her debate with "Lonesome Joe" Biden.

She seemed a little nervous when the camera was in her face, but her statements were dead on, imho.
I love Sarah Palin.

I call dibs on her if she ever leaves her hubby.

Sorry.

possumboy

imported post

In Prince William County there is voter registration at the DMV off Caton Hill Road in Woodbridge.

I have OC there several times - the DMV and just to get an Absentee Ballot. Which I might be doing tomorrow because it looks like I will be away on election day.

DonTreadOnMe

imported post

...and maybe I am a little paranoid, but I dont trust the guys standing out front doing registration. Wile standing next to a trash can... I walked the ten extra steps to go inside. Paranoid? Maybe, but this election is just too important.

McCain/Palin 08

richarcm

imported post

Don't be shy either!!! We are going to need every single vote possible to turn the purple into red. Get everyone you know registered by Monday. All of you need to be active and make this happen. Don't wish you had AFTER Obama wins (god forbid!) Devote yourself this weekend to doing your very best to help our country and our cause. There is ZERO room for laziness or carelessness.

I have asked every single conservative person I know to register this weekend. I hope that they all remembered and understand the infinite importance.

richarcm

imported post

zoom6zoom wrote:
That's right! Register AND vote, or shut yer piehole later if things don't go the way you wanted.

Voting is not enough this year. We must educate, get everyone we know registered and make sure that they all vote on election day. DON'T HELP OUT THE OTHER SIDE!!!!!

richarcm

imported post

I HOPE YOU ALL REGISTERED YOURSELVES AND EVERYONE YOU KNEW TODAY! I HOPE YOU ALL TOOK TODAY AS SERIOUSLY AS YOU WILL TAKE 11/4/08!

NOTICE:

[align=left]John McCain and Sarah Palin to campaign in Virginia Beach and Richmond

Arlington, Virginia (October 6, 2008) – McCain-Palin 2008 announced that John McCain and Sarah Palin will campaign in Virginia on Monday, October 13th. Senator McCain and Govenor Palin will hold a rally in Virginia Beach at 10:00 a.m. at the Virginia Beach Convention Center. Following the Virginia Beach event, Governor Palin will travel to Richmond to hold a 1:00 p.m. rally at the Arthur Ashe Center in Richmond.

Virginia Campaign Co-Chair, Attorney General Bob McDonnell said, "Voters statewide are excited to have the next President and Vice President of the United States bring their message of reform back to Virginia. John McCain and Sarah Palin will bring some much needed straight talk to the voters in Virginia about strengthening our economy, finding innovative solutions to our energy crisis, and keeping America safe. It is going to be a tough race in Virginia, but we are focused on winning Virginia so that John McCain and Sarah Palin can shake things up in Washington."

Voters can obtain tickets by going to the McCain Virginia website at Virginia.JohnMcCain.com or by visiting one of the Virginia Victory offices starting Tuesday, October 7th from 9:00 a.m. EDT to 9:00 p.m. EDT. Tickets will be available from Tuesday, October 7th through Monday, October 13th.
MCCAIN-PALIN VIRGINIA BEACH RALLY INFORMATION [/align]
WHO: John McCain and Sarah Palin

WHAT: McCain-Palin Campaign Rally

WHEN: Monday, October 13, 2008
Doors open at 8:00 a.m. EDT
McCain-Palin Rally begins at 10:00 a.m. EDT

WHERE: Virginia Beach Convention Center
1000 19[suP]th[/suP] Street
Virginia Beach, VA 23451

richarcm

imported post

zoom6zoom wrote:
Arlington reported today that they have registered 146,000. (heard this on WMAL). Considering the population is 200,000.... anybody else smell a rat?

I tend to agree with what Joe McCain said....Arlington is nice but it is "Communist Country".

Does anyone know how to find out if someone has a permit to place political signs up? I know that it is illegal to place signs on the side of the street or in the medians without a permit. I remember one year they were asking people to remove any that they saw. I'd LOVE to drive through Arlington and King St. and yank all of those Obama/Warner yard signs. I'd leave the one or two lonely McCain signs of course. :)

richarcm

imported post

zoom6zoom wrote:
Arlington reported today that they have registered 146,000. (heard this on WMAL). Considering the population is 200,000.... anybody else smell a rat?

I tend to agree with what Joe McCain said....Arlington is nice but it is "Communist Country".

Does anyone know how to find out if someone has a permit to place political signs up? I know that it is illegal to place signs on the side of the street or in the medians without a permit. I remember one year they were asking people to remove any that they saw. I'd LOVE to drive through Arlington and King St. and yank all of those Obama/Warner yard signs. I'd leave the one or two lonely McCain signs of course. :)

richarcm

imported post

John McCain and Sarah Palin to campaign in Virginia Beach and Richmond

Arlington, Virginia (October 6, 2008) – McCain-Palin 2008 announced that John McCain and Sarah Palin will campaign in Virginia on Monday, October 13th. Senator McCain and Govenor Palin will hold a rally in Virginia Beach at 10:00 a.m. at the Virginia Beach Convention Center. Following the Virginia Beach event, Governor Palin will travel to Richmond to hold a 1:00 p.m. rally at the Arthur Ashe Center in Richmond.

Virginia Campaign Co-Chair, Attorney General Bob McDonnell said, "Voters statewide are excited to have the next President and Vice President of the United States bring their message of reform back to Virginia. John McCain and Sarah Palin will bring some much needed straight talk to the voters in Virginia about strengthening our economy, finding innovative solutions to our energy crisis, and keeping America safe. It is going to be a tough race in Virginia, but we are focused on winning Virginia so that John McCain and Sarah Palin can shake things up in Washington."

Voters can obtain tickets by going to the McCain Virginia website at Virginia.JohnMcCain.com or by visiting one of the Virginia Victory offices starting Tuesday, October 7th from 9:00 a.m. EDT to 9:00 p.m. EDT. Tickets will be available from Tuesday, October 7th through Monday, October 13th.
GOVERNOR PALIN RICHMOND RALLY INFORMATION

WHO: Governor Sarah Palin

WHAT: McCain-Palin Campaign Rally

WHEN: Monday, October 13, 2008
Doors open at 11:00 a.m. EDT
McCain-Palin Rally begins at 1:00 p.m. EDT

WHERE: Arthur Ashe Center
3017 North Boulevard
Richmond, VA 23230