• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recomend a 2A Friendly Lawyer

denthack

imported post

I'm hoping someone can recomend a 2A friendly lawyer that can practice in Alabama.

Take a look at this thread about a guy in Marshall County (Guntersville Area)

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum59/16814.html

With the right lawyer on this case it could do some good for Alabama Gun Owners Rights. This guy with good legal counsel might be willing to go the distance if he gets enough support.

With all the progress you Geogians have made, feel free to come offer us Alabama guys some help! :)

Samuel Adams

imported post

The President and Vice President of GeorgiaCarry.org (GCO) are lawyers. There are other lawyers and at least two Georgia State Legislators as members. If you haven't already done so, join. Also, check out the Georgia forum at GeorgiaPacking.org.

Also, strange as it may sound, Alabama is a "May Issue"and not a "Shall Issue" state. For some reason, they are not as gun friendly as most other states.

denthack

imported post

Thanks. I am a member of GCO and will write an e-mail requesting a referrral.

Thanks Again

kurtmax_0

imported post

Samuel AdamsAlso, strange as it may sound, Alabama is a "May Issue" and not a "Shall Issue" state.  For some reason, they are not as gun friendly as most other states.

Not quite. The statues make it seem like a may issue state, but there are court decisions that essentially only allow a Sheriff to deny a permit if someone has criminal convictions...

denthack

imported post

Agreed Kurt. Alabama actually has very good gun laws, or at least none of the restrictive laws of many surrounding stateslike, must inform leo, must allow leo todis-arm you,campus carry, restaurant carry, or even K-12 carry. The real prolem in AL is LEO Education and case law to show carrying in these places is legal.

Malum Prohibitum

imported post

Samuel Adams wrote:
The President and Vice President of GeorgiaCarry.org (GCO) are lawyers. There are other lawyers and at least two Georgia State Legislators as members. If you haven't already done so, join. Also, check out the Georgia forum at GeorgiaPacking.org.

Also, strange as it may sound, Alabama is a "May Issue"and not a "Shall Issue" state. For some reason, they are not as gun friendly as most other states.
I am not an Alabammy lawyer, nor is John, nor are any of the (more than 2) legislators.

Samuel Adams

imported post

Malum Prohibitum wrote:
Samuel Adams wrote:

I am not an Alabammy lawyer, nor is John, nor are any of the (more than 2) legislators.
Oops. :shock: In that case, perhaps you can recommend someone???