• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pittsburgh OC get together

Prophet

imported post

Buffered by my recent court victory and the positive press that OC'ing has been recieving recently I'm thinking that we should have ourselves a little OC Lunch in Pittsburgh before it gets too cold.

Im thinking grabbing a bite to eat in Downtown Pittsburgh in Market Square, basically the epicenter of Downtown. Or in Oakland, or South Side or somewhere else if others prefer.

Weekend if out of towners want to come in, weekday if its just locals, everything is still fresh and in the air since I just decided to throw this out about 45 seconds ago. Thoughts?

We could always go all out and meet on the 21st of October and then head over to the City Council meeting.

Farmer Troy

imported post

Keep me posted on a time and date . . . I have a very busy schedule this time of year, but if I am available, I'll try to attend.

Thanks, Farmer Troy

mjf

imported post

I think doing something in the Southside or Station Square would be fun...

Southside has some awesome dining... we could also get some coffee/tea after the meal at the Beehive. Personally, I'm all for a Southside dinner!
<more lame ideas>
If we all visit station square for dinner we could all ride Pittsburgh's "super amazing two stop subway system" and ride the incline and go group sightseeing on Mt. Washington...

We could also always do something with PAFOA, as Patriot hinted at.

http://www.pafoa.org/forum/general-114/33852-pittsburgh-area-oc-cc-nc-dinner.html is far away from the city though...

david.ross

imported post

:( Wish I were in PA. I can't wait to move there. You make me laugh though, "before it gets too cold." Cold there is warm to me since I'm used to Alaska's temperatures now.

david.ross

imported post

Knock it off aran. You are aware you can go to the dinner, it isn't pafoa specific? There are plenty of good people on the list I can think of who are going: Dobe, edstephan, p-11 and his odd sense of humor, kimba, though I haven't been around the others in chat or talked on forum.

Aran wrote:
Pa. Patriot wrote:
Could you please point out which ones are the fine folks there? :p :celebrate

david.ross

imported post

Oh come now, wear a low riding holster and a jacket which goes down to the waist level. Wear some winter under garments if you're feeling too cold. :)

Aran

Banned
imported post

insane.kangaroo wrote:
Knock it off aran. You are aware you can go to the dinner, it isn't pafoa specific? There are plenty of good people on the list I can think of who are going: Dobe, edstephan, p-11 and his odd sense of humor, kimba, though I haven't been around the others in chat or talked on forum.

Aran wrote:
Pa. Patriot wrote:
Could you please point out which ones are the fine folks there? :p :celebrate
I see one person bent out of shape here. And it isn't me.

Wonderer

imported post

Aaron, I am a fine person and will be there. I 've been to Indiana so we have something in common. Are you the Aaron who is working on Campus CC? Very interesting!!!!

Prophet

imported post

So is this weekend too soon? Should we push it off until the 18th?

I'm thinking we could all meet at Market Square and then either eat there or walk across the 10th street bridge to the South Side or Smithfield St. Bridge to Station Square.

Just tossing ideas out there...

Farmer Troy

imported post

I'll be out of town this weekend . . .the 18th might work.

As for sightseeing . . . I'm not that interested . . . I've seen it all before.

Prophet

imported post

I wasn't talking about sight seeing but rather meeting at a centrally located easily found place for people out of town to find and then finding a place to eat.

Of course we could always try to figure out a place now.