Thread: Need a reliable thin subcompact.

Post imported post

I realize this is an OC forum, but I need some CC advice. I know this sounds weird, but the Glock 19 (which I open carry) is just too wide of a frame for my thin body. I'm 6 ft. 135 pounds. I need a gun that's nice and thin. I was thinking of going with a Glock 26, but when I realized the same double stack magazines for my 19 fit in a 26, I realized that the gun is just as wide. What about Glock's competition, the Springfield XD? Dot they have any slimmer guns around the size of a 26 or a 19 thinner?

Post imported post

from what information i could find on springfields website the XD subcompact 9MM isabout a quarter inchwider than the glock 19 but it is a half inch shorter thanand the same height as the glock. so you wouldntreally bemaking any difference by switching to the XD.

Post imported post

Well i really don't know much about the glocks, but the SC glock i tryed out i didn't like due to the thinkness and shortness or the grip.

I have a XD-SC .40 which the XD-SC .40 and 9mm are pretty much the same. The XD-SC grip is bit smaller thinkness wise but it is a little long lenght wise. This is the reason i ended up going with the XD over the Glock it fit better in my hand and also comes with a standard size mag with a ext grip at the base for full size grip. The XD also few extra things that sold me on the weapon also.

As far as XD vs Glock the XD can handle the same abuse as a glock and still work Here is a nice link about the test they did on the XD http://springfield-armory.primediaou.../SPstory11.php

Here are some Pics from other site _sry for the steal of pics_

I hope this helps you out.

Post imported post

get a walter or a glock single stack dont like them only 7 rounds

Post imported post

The XD-SC 9mm is 10+1

The XD-SC .40 S&W is 9+1

Post imported post

I've been lusting over a Khar K-9 or MK-9. I picked one up at the gun show and fell in love. One of the guys in the shop here just got a K-9, so I've got to talk him into letting me shoot it and see if it shoots as good as it feels. They come in 9mm or 40 cal single stacks, and are probably the thinnest semi of adequate caliber out there for under a grand. They also make these with polymer frames to save a little weight, but I'm in the bag for stainless. Just my personal preference.

State Researcher

Post imported post

If you want a thinner full-sized handgun, your best bet is a 1911. If you want to sacrifice frame-size and barrel length slightly, you have more options. Walther recently came out with the PPS in 9mm and .40. If you're on a budget, the Kel-Tec PF-9 would be a good choice. There are plenty of other options as well that I'm not as familiar with.

Post imported post

Makarov 9x18mm or .380 acp. 'Bout the only thing similar is a Walther PPK in 7.65mm which is WAY more expensive.

Post imported post

Love my little Kahr P9 Covert.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

My girlfriend and I both have Kahr CW9s. I CC she OC's due to lack of CC permit, however the Kahr with a Clip-Draw attached on the sides practically disappears once covered when carried in the waistband. I recommend this gun.

Post imported post

I recommend a Kahr P9 or CW9(or some variation of a Kahr) if you don't mind spending the money.

If you do mind spending the money, go for a Kel-Tec PF-9 or P11 or a Walther PPS or P22

Post imported post

You can't get a better concealment firearm than the Springfield EMP. It is a singlestack 1911 in 9mm or .40 (I have the 9). It is my deep cover piece.

Post imported post

.40 Cal wrote:
    You can't get a better concealment firearm than the Springfield EMP. It is a singlestack 1911 in 9mm or .40 (I have the 9). It is my deep cover piece.
    another good choice

Post imported post

What about revolvers? a 5 shot 3" barrel? I'm wondering if I should tap into the world of revolvers, you know, be diverse. Of course I have no idea where to start. Either way wheelie or slidie, I don't want to spend more than $550.00