• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Question about oregon laws (eugene)

wheelerXD

imported post

Im technically an oregon citizen( Eugene to be exact)due to me being in the military but stationed in VA and im coming home in december and was wondering how i go about getting an non resident ccw and if i can start that process before i get to oregon just in case the DMV won't let me get my Oregon DL back since i had to get it replaced by a VA any help is greatly appreciated and thank you in advanced and also is there in links or other posts give a good understanding of the rules for open carrying primarly in Eugene and for other parts of Lane County

adamsesq

imported post

Wheeler. Just got off the phone with a close Oregon JAG friend of mine. If you are Home of Record Oregon you are still a resident here for CCW permit purposes. When you return you should go to the closest sheriff's office and start the process.

Unfortunately you are not likely to get them to help you do it "absentee." But you might try calling several counties' sheriff's offices and ask.

But you DON'T want a Non-resident permit as that is discretionary issue where resident is shall issue and you qualify!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE.

-adamsesq

Robin47

imported post

Wheeler,

If you can just OC there, keep checking the laws in Oregon, also if you get stopped by a sheriff you can explain your situation, and he might just work on your ccw.

Robin47