• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC at Salem Gun Show?

wehrmachtXD40_COLT45

imported post

Nvm guys just tracked down my answer after goin through a few circles. Interesting they preach the second amendment, but specifically say no weapons for personal protection allowed. very intriguing.

anyway sent an email bout it,

Thanks for looking though gentlemen.

Wehrmacht

*Martial Arts will be my primary weapon this time*

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

wehrmachtXD40_COLT45 wrote:
Nvm guys just tracked down my answer after goin through a few circles. Interesting they preach the second amendment, but specifically say no weapons for personal protection allowed. very intriguing.

anyway sent an email bout it,

Thanks for looking though gentlemen.

Wehrmacht

*Martial Arts will be my primary weapon this time*
understand your concern about being disarmed.

I always carry a knife (for the wrap) and a spare magazine loaded up - just in case.

Some of the shows say no ammo as well, but THEY SELL AMMO THERE!

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I've never been to the Salem gun show. Is it "no loaded weapons" or no weapons at all?

I have heard tell that some folks at the Chantilly gun show might not have declared all of their ammo for storage at the front door on the theory that if it was discovered they were probably going to be leaving the show anyhow to answer questions at the cop shop about why the ammo was used.

I know nobody condones bending the rules, let alone breaking them.

stay safe.

skidmark

wehrmachtXD40_COLT45

imported post

it sais, and i quote "[size=[b] class="style9""L][/size][/b][size=[b] class="style9"OADED GUNS ,IN ANY FORM, HANDGUNS, RIFLES, SHOTGUNS, ARE NOT ALLOWED IN THE SHOW AND THIS DOES INCLUDE PERSONAL PROTECTION WEAPONS. THIS DOES INCLUDE ANY AND ALL PERSONAL PROTECTION GUNS. A CONCEALED CARRY PERMIT DOES NOT EXEMPT ANYONE FROM THIS RULE. THE ONLY EXCEPTION TO THIS RULE IS OUR VERY ABLE PROFESSIONAL POLICE FORCE.][/size][/b] THEY MUST SHOW ID AT THE DOOR."
http://www.cegunshows.com/GeneralInformation/ShowRules/tabid/64/Default.aspx

that being said, i might do the idea Tess spoke of.

still no reply as to if they think crime magically stops at the door..... :)banghead: <--criminal upset cause he saw the sign and cant get in.)

Wehrmacht

wehrmachtXD40_COLT45

imported post

Great Show, very open carry friendly!!!! just keep a mag out, or put a tie wrap. I voted for no mag, and just lock and load if i need it.

Left with an M&P flat top AR to top it.

Wehrmacht