• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Winter carry.

FogRider

imported post

David.Car wrote:
I am interested in at the very least trying a shoulder holster for this winter, the one I am leaning towards in the Blackhawk harness that allows you to attach your Serpa to it.

Any experience with this rig?
UTOC-45-44 has one, and is trying to sell it. You might send him a message if he doesn't respond here.

David.Car

imported post

FogRider wrote:
David.Car wrote:
I am interested in at the very least trying a shoulder holster for this winter, the one I am leaning towards in the Blackhawk harness that allows you to attach your Serpa to it.

Any experience with this rig?
UTOC-45-44 has one, and is trying to sell it. You might send him a message if he doesn't respond here.
Thanks for the notice, unfortunately his thread on it says it has a home. But again thanks for the attempt.

fetch

imported post

Wow, interesting path this thread has taken. I have been away from the computer this weekend. Thanks SV for the information, the FAQ's was the last place I looked. Next time I will look there first.

Harvey041

imported post

Every holster has its pros and cons, carry in whatever is comfortable for you. That being said, I love my shoulder holster but I carry OWB as well sometimes.

fire suppressor

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
With a shoulder rig or a cross draw rig, when you draw how many people on your side do you sweep with the muzzle. Think of your wife GF or children walking on your left when you, a right handed carrier, are accosted and drawing is the only acceptable response?
WELL said Trigger Dr. I do not mean to say they can not be safe or should not be used but it is things exactly like this we must all consider when we decied to carry. Your type of holster you decide to carry is one of the most important desions you will make. All angles good anf bad should be considered before taking useing it

ChuckUFarley

imported post

spike89 wrote:
sv_libertarian wrote:
The only illegal holsters are ones that completely conceal a gun and allow it to be operated. The BATFE has decided those are "Any Other Weapons" as they allow a gun to function and no longer resemble a gun. An example would be some types of wallet holsters.

And of course, guitar case rocket launchers:

Desp-LAW.jpg
AHHHH, my favorite