Thread: Visiting from Illinois

Post imported post

I was hoping some one could clarify this for me. I will be coming down to your wonderful state for camping and atv'ing in the mountains (Oliver Springs area). I am very unclear if I will be able to OC while riding in the mountains for personal protection. As some may know Illinois has no OC or CC laws.(in other words a big no, no) Just trying to find out if this is a possibility.

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

-Chris-

Post imported post

As long as you have a carry permit of license from another state you can OC or CC in TN. If you do not have any permit or license, you can not carry period in TN.

Since IL does not issue any permits, you would have to have a non-resident permit from one of the states that issue them. If you have one of those, you are good to go.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Post imported post

mobilemedic22 wrote:
    I was hoping some one could clarify this for me. I will be coming down to your wonderful state for camping and atv'ing in the mountains (Oliver Springs area). I am very unclear if I will be able to OC while riding in the mountains for personal protection. As some may know Illinois has no OC or CC laws. (in other words a big no, no) Just trying to find out if this is a possibility.

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

-Chris-
    As the above poster noted, you need some type of carry permit to carry open or concealed in TN. Also note that all state, county, and municipal parks are off limits by state law.