• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Visiting from Illinois

mobilemedic22

imported post

I was hoping some one could clarify this for me. I will be coming down to your wonderful state for camping and atv'ing in the mountains (Oliver Springs area). I am very unclear if I will be able to OC while riding in the mountains for personal protection. As some may know Illinois has no OC or CC laws.(in other words a big no, no) Just trying to find out if this is a possibility.

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

-Chris-

Fallguy

imported post

As long as you have a carry permit of license from another state you can OC or CC in TN. If you do not have any permit or license, you can not carry period in TN.

Since IL does not issue any permits, you would have to have a non-resident permit from one of the states that issue them. If you have one of those, you are good to go.

WCrawford

imported post

mobilemedic22 wrote:
I was hoping some one could clarify this for me. I will be coming down to your wonderful state for camping and atv'ing in the mountains (Oliver Springs area). I am very unclear if I will be able to OC while riding in the mountains for personal protection. As some may know Illinois has no OC or CC laws. (in other words a big no, no) Just trying to find out if this is a possibility.

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

-Chris-
As the above poster noted, you need some type of carry permit to carry open or concealed in TN. Also note that all state, county, and municipal parks are off limits by state law.