• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is A Permit Needed If ???

Detour

imported post

OK by now most of you knowthe problemI have with my permit being pulled.

I noticed in 13A-11-73 theres certain times a permit is not needed or required

1. If I was going to a fireing range or shooters club and had my weapon unloaded and in a secure wrapper or a locked box is that legal???

2. If I was a Private Investigator, Fugitive Recovery Agent, Executive Body Guard and or Security Guard etc. and had a badge and certificate for one or all of the above would I need a permit to carryin my vehicle loaded????

Can any oneshed some light on these 2 questions??

In Alabama you do not have to be certified in any of the above, but you can get certified if you chose to do so. From what I have seen and or read, any body can be oneof the above.

The only licenceI would need would bea business licence ifI started a business,unless I worked for some one else operating under there business licence. So would being any or all of the above and or haveing a business that would use any or all the above allow me or to carry in a vehicle without a permit.

Thanks guys you are all Great

kurtmax_0

imported post

It'd be cheaper to hire an attorney to get your permit back. You would need to hire an attorney to setup the business anyways. You have recurring fees for businesses, and I'm sure a court wouldn't be happy with you starting a 'business' purely to get around the law.

45-ACP

imported post

http://www.ago.state.al.us/documents/pistol.pdf

There are some stipulations in the statute ,unfortunatly from the way it reads it looks to me that if you want to continue to OC your goin to have to walk, unless you drive a pick up truck they you might argue the the box isn't IN the vehicle, meaning the cab.

But as Kurtmax_0 said it may be easier in the long run to just get the permit back.

Detour

imported post

kurtmax_0 wrote:
It'd be cheaper to hire an attorney to get your permit back. You would need to hire an attorney to setup the business anyways. You have recurring fees for businesses, and I'm sure a court wouldn't be happy with you starting a 'business' purely to get around the law.

WellI had already started this long before permit was pulled thatsone of many reasonsI got my permitandgot 24 Fugitive Recovery shirts and a few badgesand was already going to start a business called "BUSTED" which would have included but not limited to GPS tracking, computer security, home security, surveillance camar's, etc. Fugitive Recovery, Private Investigator, and Executive BodyGuard.

I got my shirts with printed badges on frount and big latters on back and got them back in June

I was going todo all this under one business name thus one licence which is 55.00 a year. Wouldnt need an attorney to set up my business as 90 to 95 % of work geared to gps tracking, computer security and so on. Dont really care ifI ever get one Fugitive.

And to be honest where the courts are happy or not the law is the law.It doesnt say it has to make you happy :)

Detour

imported post

45-ACP wrote:

There are some stipulations in the statute ,unfortunatly from the way it reads it looks to me that if you want to continue to OC your goin to have to walk, unless you drive a pick up truck they you might argue the the box isn't IN the vehicle, meaning the cab.

But as Kurtmax_0 said it may be easier in the long run to just get the permit back.

Im for sure going to fight the permit thing.I wont give that up. Thats something that goes way beyond just the permit. Its the fact of the way all this happen. Its just not right.

I have to fight it, my heart and my patriotismtells me so and to tell you the truth its the 2nd amendment plus the misuse of power that drives me.

Also I clicked on the link in your post and amI reading it right that Alabama doesnt recognize pistol licenses or permits to carry conceald weapons issued by other states or subdivisions of the state.

I thought Alabama recognized pistol permits from states that recognize Alabama permits....What amI missing

Detour

imported post

45-ACP wrote:

I do have a truck its bucket seats :) so where wouldI put it legal. I know not the console or glove box.. Could you please go over the truck thing.

Yes im aware of the walking every where but where I live thats a long walk to any where and also gas is high but no so highI have to walk yet lol :)

I was just getting some ideas of what ifs untillI did get my permit back

denthack

imported post

You would have to put it in a tool box in the bed.

I would refrain from all the whatifs if it were me. Keep focus on the legal course of action you have. Don't allow any negative light to be cast on you by looking for a way around the law. Focus on making the legal system protect your rights. You have an oppertunity to be an ambassador for all alabama gun owners. We beg you to take that seriously. Do not do anything that can impair your case, or allow the leos to attemp to make a case against your character.

I definatly recomend that you disappear from the public forums until you have retained legal counsel. We will still be here to support you. Please, do this the right way, remove your posts and ask for advice and whatifs in private.

Audemus Jura Nostra Defendere
We must fight for our rights, not try to sidstep the law.

Detour

imported post

45-ACP wrote:
lol i didn't see that part ,thats completly wrong ALABAMA will recognise cwp from other states we have reprocity with

Yep....I double checked it. Click on that link you have posted and go down to the part thats says Code of Alabama is underlined and below that is says just what i ask and posted.

Let me know when you see it

Comp-tech

State Researcher
imported post

45-ACP wrote:
lol i didn't see that part ,thats completly wrong ALABAMA will recognise cwp from other states we have reprocity with
That was from 1999 and is outdated.....Alabama does recognize permits from several states under the reciprocity agreements.

http://www.ago.state.al.us/ag_items.cfm?Issue=64

I seem to remember reading that an out of state permit held by an Alabama resident wouldn't "replace" an Alabama PL.....

Detour

imported post

Comp-tech wrote:
45-ACP wrote:
That was from 1999 and is outdated.....Alabama does recognize permits from several states under the reciprocity agreements.

http://www.ago.state.al.us/ag_items.cfm?Issue=64

I seem to remember reading that an out of state permit held by an Alabama resident wouldn't "replace" an Alabama PL.....

Yeh you are right I dint think it would replace it . Because you have to have one from you own county before you can even get one from the other 2 states. thats whyI wished I got them before they took mine cause if they would have taken all 3 then maybe there would be more rope for them to well you know ..

WhatI was thinking was that whenI was ocw and a cop came to me and ask for a permit i would have 3 my county, the Utah non-resident, and the Florida non-resident at which time when askI would show the non-resident first and then ifI have to my county as they should honor the other 2 and since the other 2 states give out non resident permits.

I was woundering how it would work. I was told they couldnt pull the other states well not legaly anyway. So i dont know just trying to stay legal, informed and one step ahead.

Plus....I now know you dont even have to show a permit when on foot or even have one on you or at least thats what im lead to think :) amI wrong on this