Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Was finally asked to leave my gun outside at a store

Post imported post

At Advance Auto Parts. Manager has seen me OC there many times, finally got up the courage to ask me (politely) to leave my gun in my vehicle. I told him I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that, but that I would be happy to go somewhere else for my parts.

Called the regional manager and told him that I would totally respect any policy Advance may have, but that in case it was just the manager making a freelance decision, I wanted to run it by him before he lost a good customer. The RM said that the manager did not have authority to tell me anything like that and by all means to keep shopping there as armed as I pleased. Also said he would mention to his other managers on a conference call next week that there is no problem with customers OCing.

Post imported post

Sounds like a good resolution of the matter. I too always like bringing it up to someone with some juice before I lay down a boycott on a store.

Post imported post

What sucks about it is I was in there because the steering pump I had just bought and installed did not work!!

I was getting my core back from them before they shipped it off. Anyway, I was not in a good mood, but the encounter was amicable, nonetheless.

Post imported post

Well, the DM recanted somewhat. I was in the store today, and the manager was not as polite. I spoke tohis bossagain today, and he said that after talking to his boss and legal department, their policy is [basically] that "concealed means concealed."

So, open carry is an issue for them.

Just thought y'all would like to know.

Post imported post

Well, scratch that.

He just called me back AGAIN after making a couple more calls and said they they don't allow weapon concealed or openly.

So, Advance Auto Parts would rather it's employees and cutomers be defenseless and at the mercy of thugs in the hopes that criminals will value your life enough not to kill you.

I, for one, will be getting my parts elsewhere and encourage others to do the same.

Post imported post

Corporate number if anyone has any feedback:

(540) 362-4911

Post imported post

I'll open carry in one around Baton Rouge in the near future. Just drop in for a pack of fuses or something simple. I'll let you know how it goes.
    President/ Founding Member
    Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League
    www.laopencarry.org

Post imported post

Louisiana Carry, you've handled the initial incident and the follow-upsituation very well--evenwith contradictory statements, waffling and impolite behavior by Advance personnel.

Even though it's a frustrating deal,you kept your cool throughout.

Well done, sir.

Post imported post

i'll be sure to call and express my opinion to them also, i shop there all the time, but maybe i'll go to Auto Zone next time, if there rule doesn't change, about o/c

Post imported post

I've have OCd quite a bit in a local Advance Auto Parts store with no problems, but they were familiar with me before I started OCing.

Post imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
    I'll stop at one on Friday.
    you need a new motorcycle already? why do you insist on causing problems? OC is a great thing but so is a property owners right to have/do what he wants on his property. you going in and causing a scene is the absolute worst thing to do. and you can claim that you aren't going in to cause a scene all you want, but you know as well as everybody else that causing a scene and being paid to shut up are your only two priorities.

Post imported post

is that all you can do is come over here from bs.com and try to start crap. Go home, go home

Post imported post

Shawn, Dude, you do realize this thread is from back in October of last year?
    President/ Founding Member
    Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League
    www.laopencarry.org

Post imported post

in stead of keep me rolling, its they keep me trolling!!:celebrate

Post imported post

lsushawn wrote:
    you need a new motorcycle already? why do you insist on causing problems? OC is a great thing but so is a property owners right to have/do what he wants on his property. you going in and causing a scene is the absolute worst thing to do. and you can claim that you aren't going in to cause a scene all you want, but you know as well as everybody else that causing a scene and being paid to shut up are your only two priorities.
    Shawn, you do NOT BELONG HERE and should leave! You speak entirely with too much truth and knowledge that is not allowed here, if you do not bow down to the followers of MEM you will become a marked man!

Don't worry this place will be dried up before long, I am positive that MEM will offer them all the magic "Jesus Juice" and will clear out this entire community!

Banned

Post imported post

WheelGUNpacker wrote:
    lsushawn wrote:
    Shawn, you do NOT BELONG HERE and should leave! You speak entirely with too much truth and knowledge that is not allowed here, if you do not bow down to the followers of MEM you will become a marked man!

Don't worry this place will be dried up before long, I am positive that MEM will offer them all the magic "Jesus Juice" and will clear out this entire community!

Well, LSU & wheelgin, what are either one of yall doing to promote OC in La.?

Post imported post

what part of "private property" dont you people understand?

Well, scratch that.

He just called me back AGAIN after making a couple more calls and said they they don't allow weapon concealed or openly.

So, Advance Auto Parts would rather it's employees and cutomers be defenseless and at the mercy of thugs in the hopes that criminals will value your life enough not to kill you.

I, for one, will be getting my parts elsewhere and encourage others to do the same.

Post imported post

What part of "boycott" don't you understand?

The legality and morality of a party controlling who is allowed onto their own private property does not preclude the legality or morality of a second party attempting to convince the first to change their stance through civil dialogue, boycott, or requests for clarification of policy.

It also does not preclude us from forming, and expressing, opinions regarding the merit, or lack thereof, of their policy.

Banned

Post imported post

What part of "don't want to be violated" do YOU not understand?
    The fact the violation of any right occurs on private property doesn't negate the fact you're being violated, does it?
    Let me put it this way. You and your wife/daughter step onto private property. The property owner helps himself to your family member to satisfy his lusts. Is this allowed, merely due to the fact you're on HIS private property?
    Do your rights cease to exist at the property line?

You're wasting your time here, Seigi.
    Most readers/posters here will never understand your facts/logic, but I do.
    The last two posts are fantastic.

Post imported post

Sometimes this subforum makes me embarassed for my State.

Post imported post

Louisiana Carry wrote:
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    Him: "I carry my gun concealed"
    Me: "You're not very good at it"
    Him: "What do you mean?"
    Me: "I know you have a gun"
    End of conversation.

Post imported post

turbodog wrote:
    Louisiana Carry wrote:
    +1
    +2

Post imported post

IA-Pro wrote:
    turbodog wrote:
    Louisiana Carry wrote:
    +1
    +2
    +3

http://www.laopencarry.org/

Post imported post

Why don't all of you "embarrassed" folk gather at that "other" site and continue your circle jerk there?

We'll just like we've all seen here before, when everyone asked the tough questions you disappeared, then a few weeks pass and you show up again with your normal attitude problem.

This way most everyone has forgotten that you never answered those questions and just disappeared.

That's ok, b/c besides Smoking, everyone else here's Get's it and knows damn well what your all about.

So please, bring the insults, it's so pathetic to watch and only does exactly what's been said above.

Banned

Post imported post

Why don't all of you "embarrassed" folk gather at that "other" site and continue your circle jerk there?
    Just like the 10-4 days; they have their own 'Mutual Admiration Society" going on over there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast