• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Was finally asked to leave my gun outside at a store

Louisiana Carry

imported post

At Advance Auto Parts. Manager has seen me OC there many times, finally got up the courage to ask me (politely) to leave my gun in my vehicle. I told him I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that, but that I would be happy to go somewhere else for my parts.

Called the regional manager and told him that I would totally respect any policy Advance may have, but that in case it was just the manager making a freelance decision, I wanted to run it by him before he lost a good customer. The RM said that the manager did not have authority to tell me anything like that and by all means to keep shopping there as armed as I pleased. Also said he would mention to his other managers on a conference call next week that there is no problem with customers OCing.

:D

Louisiana Carry

imported post

What sucks about it is I was in there because the steering pump I had just bought and installed did not work!!

:cuss:

I was getting my core back from them before they shipped it off. Anyway, I was not in a good mood, but the encounter was amicable, nonetheless.

Louisiana Carry

imported post

Well, the DM recanted somewhat. I was in the store today, and the manager was not as polite. I spoke tohis bossagain today, and he said that after talking to his boss and legal department, their policy is [basically] that "concealed means concealed."

So, open carry is an issue for them.

Just thought y'all would like to know.

Louisiana Carry

imported post

Well, scratch that.

He just called me back AGAIN after making a couple more calls and said they they don't allow weapon concealed or openly.

So, Advance Auto Parts would rather it's employees and cutomers be defenseless and at the mercy of thugs in the hopes that criminals will value your life enough not to kill you.

I, for one, will be getting my parts elsewhere and encourage others to do the same.

sraacke

imported post

I'll open carry in one around Baton Rouge in the near future. Just drop in for a pack of fuses or something simple. I'll let you know how it goes.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Louisiana Carry, you've handled the initial incident and the follow-upsituation very well--evenwith contradictory statements, waffling and impolite behavior by Advance personnel.

Even though it's a frustrating deal,you kept your cool throughout.

Well done, sir.

firefighter9158

imported post

i'll be sure to call and express my opinion to them also, i shop there all the time, but maybe i'll go to Auto Zone next time, if there rule doesn't change, about o/c

lsushawn

imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
I'll stop at one on Friday.
you need a new motorcycle already? why do you insist on causing problems? OC is a great thing but so is a property owners right to have/do what he wants on his property. you going in and causing a scene is the absolute worst thing to do. and you can claim that you aren't going in to cause a scene all you want, but you know as well as everybody else that causing a scene and being paid to shut up are your only two priorities.

imported post

I did notice the regional manager made it ABUNDANTLY clear just because someone happens to WORK for them doesn't equate to SPEAKING for them.
There ought to be some sort of law to clarify just who is authorized to speak on behalf of the owner. Oops ! There already is such a law.

WheelGUNpacker

imported post

lsushawn wrote:
you need a new motorcycle already? why do you insist on causing problems? OC is a great thing but so is a property owners right to have/do what he wants on his property. you going in and causing a scene is the absolute worst thing to do. and you can claim that you aren't going in to cause a scene all you want, but you know as well as everybody else that causing a scene and being paid to shut up are your only two priorities.

Shawn, you do NOT BELONG HERE and should leave! You speak entirely with too much truth and knowledge that is not allowed here, if you do not bow down to the followers of MEM you will become a marked man!

Don't worry this place will be dried up before long, I am positive that MEM will offer them all the magic "Jesus Juice" and will clear out this entire community!

MEMismyHero

Banned
imported post

WheelGUNpacker wrote:
lsushawn wrote:

Shawn, you do NOT BELONG HERE and should leave! You speak entirely with too much truth and knowledge that is not allowed here, if you do not bow down to the followers of MEM you will become a marked man!

Don't worry this place will be dried up before long, I am positive that MEM will offer them all the magic "Jesus Juice" and will clear out this entire community!

Well, LSU & wheelgin, what are either one of yall doing to promote OC in La.?

kimber10mm

imported post

what part of "private property" dont you people understand?

Well, scratch that.

He just called me back AGAIN after making a couple more calls and said they they don't allow weapon concealed or openly.

So, Advance Auto Parts would rather it's employees and cutomers be defenseless and at the mercy of thugs in the hopes that criminals will value your life enough not to kill you.

I, for one, will be getting my parts elsewhere and encourage others to do the same.