• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FINALLY AFTER PULLING TEETH DOUGLAS COUNTY HANDS IT OVER.

bossten1

imported post

[align=left]Ihave the permit finally.[/align]
[align=left]I just want to say thanks to those who took the time to replyto mypostgiving opinions and legal advise.Although I do not plan to turn them in or sue or??? I was able to feel confident thatI could question there slowness without feeling like I was jepordizing my permit by being so called pushy.[/align]
[align=left]well I guess theres one more armed citizen out who has the means to protect himself legally in the event of an armed attack..[/align]

M

mdgary

imported post

bossten1 wrote:

[align=left]I just want to say thanks to those who took the time to replyto mypostgiving opinions and legal advise.Although I do not plan to turn them in or sue or??? I was able to feel confident thatI could question there slowness without feeling like I was jepordizing my permit by being so called pushy.[/align]

[align=left]well I guess theres one more armed citizen out who has the means to protect himself legally in the event of an armed attack..[/align]
I would have taken my gun with me on the next visit to that sheriff's office.

Just kidding!USE IT WISELY!

calmp9

imported post

bossten1 wrote:
Like I mentioned, my brother went through that. He lives in Garnerville. I told him to call but he was afraid to piss them off. I e-mailed your thread to him and he was even more mad. The law is the law. Who cares if the Sheriff Pierini likes it or not?

I think you and my brother have to send a complaint to Frank Adams of the Nevada Chiefs' & Sheriffs" Association.

His e-mail address is: fadams@nvsca.com

Personally, I think that the investigator was playing stupid. I was playing nice before, but I can't hide what I think. I mean, how many CCW apps does he have on his desk in that little county?

You realize that it was Sheriff Pierini who was breaking Nevada law by disclosing CCW applicants' names to the public. He was contacted by Varminter22 personally and he refused to stop doing it. Eventually the Attorney General had to get involved and he stopped disclosing the information. I think this CCW delay is in retaliation of being dictated to by the Nevada AG. The lady at the office told my brother 60 days. That changed to 130 days and it was right after all of this happened.