• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Judge: Searching vehicle because occupant has a concealed handgun permit unconstitutional!

Loneviking

imported post

That recording is chilling to listen to. Free speech, if it involves law enforcement and especially Fed. LEO's, seems to be dead! When you have to go to court to get your rights enforced, then there is a real problem with the society in which one lives. This incident reminds me of a quote I saw:

'It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards!'

Statesman

imported post

What a numskull !! He actually asks the 911 operator if anyone else has dialed 911 because of "offensive language" on a blue van. This is clearly a waste of 911 resources.

This tyrant, and those involved, better be losing their job over this, and their pension. What probable cause exists because a driver has a concealed weapons permit, and an offensive bumper sticker?

I see Americans are expected to ignore or forget the behavior of the ATF. If you won't forget, then you'll be harassed and silenced through censorship. I suppose beatings and torture in secret prisons are to be seen in the next 10 years?

What a @$(&@ great Gestapo job this was!

:cuss:

HungSquirrel

imported post

Statesman wrote:
This tyrant, and those involved, better be losing their job over this, and their pension. What probable cause exists because a driver has a concealed weapons permit, and an offensive bumper sticker?
Offensive bumper sticker? Nonsense. Many of the people in Escambia County would agree with it. :cool:

Statesman

imported post

HungSquirrel wrote:
Statesman wrote:
Offensive bumper sticker? Nonsense. Many of the people in Escambia County would agree with it. :cool:
That came out wrong. That was the tyrants reasoning, not mine.

SlackwareRobert

imported post

mobeewan wrote:
marshaul wrote:
Oh, hey, the ACLU is helping someone over a gun-related civil rights issue. I guess all the members here who said the ACLU would only defend "communists" and "pedophiles" now get to eat crow, huh?
Has anyone proven yet the woman is not a communist or a pedophile? :lol:
If she isn't now, she should consider molesting a child so the courts can't order
her death. Only law abiding citizens risk death by starvation in FL.:banghead:

As for ACLU i'm shure that the gun issue won't be brought up at all.
It was the piece of paper (permit) that caused the bad things to hapen, not the gun.