Thread: Paranoid neighbor

Post imported post

Wasn't sure which post to put this under but had a bit of an annoyance today. I rent a duplex from a friend of mine who knows that I own/ carry guns.

Anyway, I was heading out on the porch to toss some stuff on the grill. She was outside smoking and her daughter was standing in the house talking to her.

I go out and the eyes on my neighbor get really big and she silently words to me "Why are you wearing that??" Now I know she isn't comfortable around guns, but honestly I was a good 15 ft away from her and was putting stuff on the grill. Gun properly holstered and of no threat..

So I go in the house to use the restroom.. Take gun off cause it likes to weigh things down. Head back out forgetting to put it back on.. She proceeds to remind me that she doesn't like it and that her daughter "freaked out"

All I could do was roll my eyes and drop the subject. Was too annoyed to debate.

Post imported post

bhughesiii2187 wrote:
    Wasn't sure which post to put this under but had a bit of an annoyance today. I rent a duplex from a friend of mine who knows that I own/ carry guns.

Anyway, I was heading out on the porch to toss some stuff on the grill. She was outside smoking and her daughter was standing in the house talking to her.

I go out and the eyes on my neighbor get really big and she silently words to me "Why are you wearing that??" Now I know she isn't comfortable around guns, but honestly I was a good 15 ft away from her and was putting stuff on the grill. Gun properly holstered and of no threat..

So I go in the house to use the restroom.. Take gun off cause it likes to weigh things down. Head back out forgetting to put it back on.. She proceeds to remind me that she doesn't like it and that her daughter "freaked out"

All I could do was roll my eyes and drop the subject. Was too annoyed to debate.
    I like the daughter freaking out part. Guess she doesn't realize that she or her mom has more of a chance getting lung cancer, then a gun in a holster going on a killing rampage!

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

The sheep tend to be nervous and bleat alot if the sheepdog gets to close.

It reminds them that there are wolves.

Of course, when the wolves come, they all look for the sheepdog then.