• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Obama vs. the 2nd Ammendment gunbanobama.com

Richard6218

imported post

Deanimator wrote:
Richard6218 wrote:
Deanimator wrote:
Richard6218 wrote:
So to answer your question about lawfully moving to Chicago with your guns, I think for now it just can't be done. As to the issue of registration, it's just a tool of government for controlling our lives. I don't agree that it's directed at any particular group; if the law is in force it applies to everyone and is equally burdensome to all. In the same manner as outright bans, registration has to be resisted not by defiance but by litigation and political action.

1. Chicago's "moratorium" on registering handguns remains in force. The same day that Heller was handed down, a suit was filed against Chicago.

2. I already knew it was impossible for me to LAWFULLY move to Chicago with my handguns. My point was that the reason why is that Chicago has REGISTRATION. It simply won't allow me to register. This shows that anyone who says that registration isn't a problem is at best naive and at worst (and usually the case) a liar.

3. If you don't think that registration in Chicago (and its suspension) ISN'T aimed directly at Black people, then clearly you don't know much about Chicago. Certainly you've never been Black in Chicago. If the law is APPLIED differently to different groups of people, then it does NOT apply equally. I have a friend who used to do pro bono defense work as an attorney in Chicago. He says that the only White faces you'll see in "gun court" in Chicago are the judges, bailiffs and testifying officers. Whites caught carrying guns in Chicago, if they're not otherwise committing a crime are usually released on the scene, WITH THEIR GUNS. Blacks are arrested, tried and sentenced to jail time. Gun control in America arises out of a desire to disarm disfavored minority groups, including Blacks, Indians, Italians and Jews. Chicago is the ironclad proof of this. If you need any more proof, consider the case of Alderman Richard Mell. When he forgot to register his firearms and the police would not register them after the fact, Daley supported a measure in the city council tailored SPECIFICALLY to allow MELL to register HIS firearms. Mell is White.

I hope you are not applying your Item 2 to me. I never said registration is not a problem; quite the contrary. I said it needs to be resisted by litigation and political action. I am trying to help and support you with a problem that you postulated here.

Your Item 3 is something I have frankly never had to deal with. First, I am not Black, so I have to follow your lead in the discussion. Second, I have only spent two days in Chicago and that was as a tourist 8 years ago. BTW, inthose two days I had a very ugly enounter with a cabbie that left a nasty taste in my mouth about Chicago. More to the point of your third paragraph, I agree only partly about the law vs. the application of the law. A law is merely a statement of policy of the political authority. Unless it specifically addresses a group, such as Blacks, or Jews, or other such minorities, it is ethnically neutral. Where I agree with you entirely is in the application of the law. Chicago has long been known for its corrupt politicians, courts, police, ..... everything, back to the 1920's and probably long before that. Everyone in the world knows Chicago's reputation. And it sounds from your story like nothing has changed. As I see it, there is only one solution to this. Someone has to get the Federal Government involved and get some prosecutions of the perpetrators of this blatant discrimination. Maybe it will take a complaint to your congressman, or maybe your senator. (But Obama is a bit preoccupied these days, and I don't know if Durbin would be any help.) Whatever the ultimate means to solve this, it's going to take a lot of clout. Another thought: I don't know if any politicians are going to be really keen about a Second Amendment issue, which is the other side of the problem.
2 referred to people I've seen actually claim that registration is not a problem.

I was born in Chicago and lived there until I went to college and joined the Army.

Obama has been endorsed by Daley. Daley needs to be indicted (if for nothing else, knowledge of police torture) and the Chicago PD put under Federal supervision. If Obama's elected, that'll never happen.

+1

If I recall it was Daley's father who was mayor at the time of the 1968 riots. Nothing has changed. And I agree about Obama. He wants others like Daleyto perpetuate a racist image so he will have greater control of the country. The notion that election of Obama will end racism in the country is a complete myth.

KansasMustang

imported post

I dunno, was it me and I had to move to Chicago, God forbid, I guess I'd just be a criminal in their eyes . Cuz God knows I'd never register my guns. I was born in Cook county and often heard my father talk about the *Gangsters* that run Chicago and Richard Daley (King Richard the 1st) and all the corruption of that city. Dunno,,but if it was me,,I'd live in one of the Northwest Burbs and have a longer commute.

Deanimator

imported post

KansasMustang wrote:
I dunno, was it me and I had to move to Chicago, God forbid, I guess I'd just be a criminal in their eyes . Cuz God knows I'd never register my guns. I was born in Cook county and often heard my father talk about the *Gangsters* that run Chicago and Richard Daley (King Richard the 1st) and all the corruption of that city. Dunno,,but if it was me,,I'd live in one of the Northwest Burbs and have a longer commute.

The cop who ran the Chicago PD's torture operation starting in the '70s just got indicted by the Feds for perjury. Guess who the States Attorney was when the worst of the torture was going on?

Between Rezko and Burge, Blagojevic and Daley must be eating TUMS like cattle from a trough.

Of course if Obama gets elected, NEITHER will ever be indicted, much less arrested.

Richard6218

imported post

Deanimator wrote:
KansasMustang wrote:

The cop who ran the Chicago PD's torture operation starting in the '70s just got indicted by the Feds for perjury. Guess who the States Attorney was when the worst of the torture was going on?

Between Rezko and Burge, Blagojevic and Daley must be eating TUMS like cattle from a trough.

Of course if Obama gets elected, NEITHER will ever be indicted, much less arrested.
If Obama gets elected the whole country will go in the tank.

Deanimator

imported post

Richard6218 wrote:
Deanimator wrote:
KansasMustang wrote:

Whenever a fellow liberal expresses support for Obama, I just ask them, "Do you want the FBI and BATFE run like the Chicago PD?"

Richard6218

imported post

Deanimator wrote:
Richard6218 wrote:
Deanimator wrote:
KansasMustang wrote:

Whenever a fellow liberal expresses support for Obama, I just ask them, "Do you want the FBI and BATFE run like the Chicago PD?"
You're right, but I think you're only touching the elephant's tail. The rest of what will go to hell are 1. foreign relations; 2. the economy; 3. our military establishment; 4. the Bill of Rights, including 2A and 1A; 5. Federal judges, including SCOTUS. I'm short on time right now or I'd expand on this more. If you want my details, let me know. Hate to be so pessimistic, but this SOB has the potential to destroy our country. You liberals out there who hate Bush so much, get this: you think your hatred is vindicated, just wait till BO gets into office. He'll get hatred like you never imagined.

Richard6218

imported post

Richard6218 wrote:
Deanimator wrote:
Richard6218 wrote:
Deanimator wrote:
KansasMustang wrote:

You're right, but I think you're only touching the elephant's tail. The rest of what will go to hell are 1. foreign relations; 2. the economy; 3. our military establishment; 4. the Bill of Rights, including 2A and 1A; 5. Federal judges, including SCOTUS. I'm short on time right now or I'd expand on this more. If you want my details, let me know. Hate to be so pessimistic, but this SOB has the potential to destroy our country. You liberals out there who hate Bush so much, get this: you think your hatred is vindicated, just wait till BO gets into office. He'll get hatred like you never imagined.
Knew I forgot a VERY important item, call it #6: Our sovereignty will be subordinated to the United Nations. Probably the most dangerous of all my previous listed items.

tarzan1888

imported post

I just got home from a week long trip.

My wife picked me up at the airport and as she was driving me home she said, "What do you think of the following statements. If Obama wins, there will be rioting in the streets, and if Obama loses, there will be rioting in the streets."

I thought about it and I think she is right. His supporters will riot no matter what happens and we need to be ready.

Tarzan

Richard6218

imported post

Had a very ugly dream last night -- call it a nightmare.

Setting: My home, sometime in 2009. I was going about my business in my home and looked out as a sheriff's car came down the driveway. Two deputies got out and came to the door. Deputy #1 said: "We're here to 'recover' whatever guns you have pursuant to the new firearms law" "Oh," I said, "you mean this?" as I pulled my Glock from its holster. I shot both deputies before they could react. I heard sirens approaching just as I woke up with a start.

This scenario might be a bit far-fetched, but then maybe it isn't. If the American people are so foolish as to elect Obama as the next President we very well could have scenes like this, or something approaching it. Scares hell out of me.

Richard6218

imported post

tarzan1888 wrote:

My wife picked me up at the airport and as she was driving me home she said, "What do you think of the following statements. If Obama wins, there will be rioting in the streets, and if Obama loses, there will be rioting in the streets."

I thought about it and I think she is right. His supporters will riot no matter what happens and we need to be ready.

Tarzan
I think his opponents will riot in the streets.

JBURGII

imported post

like_the_roman wrote:
Richard6218 wrote:
I think his opponents will riot in the streets.

I'm not the rioting type. On election night I'm going to stay home and "cling" to my guns.
I'm not into actively rioting either.. election night I'm going to stay home and CLEAN my guns. Er, I should say, clean them MORE... my g/f calls it my Winchester Mod 94 worrystone... sigh..

MetalChris

imported post

tarzan1888 wrote:

Tarzan
You know I never actually had thought of that. I of course had considered the possibility of rioting if he lost, but forgot the kind of animals that support him. This entire country is gonna be like the LA riots...
/orders 1000 more rounds of 7.62
Oh wait that's right...my guns went missing a few months ago...no need for ammo.

M

mdgary

imported post

Do you think obama willgetall the guns from the street thugs, gangs, bank robbers, criminals, BGs, armed robbers, murderers and gangsters? Hell No, only from the law abiding citizens...We will be in deep dodo. Not to mention robbed everyday....

KansasMustang

imported post

My guess is there's gonna be a bunch of new criminals, whom would have been considered law-abiding citizens prior to his gun ban. Because as Charlton Hesston said "out of my cold dead hands"

Thundar

imported post

mdgary wrote:
Do you think obama willgetall the guns from the street thugs, gangs, bank robbers, criminals, BGs, armed robbers, murderers and gangsters? Hell No, only from the law abiding citizens...We will be in deep dodo. Not to mention robbed everyday....
If you do not comply with gun registration you will be a criminal. Only after the law abiding citizens have registered their firearms and paid for govt. permission slips will the govt. ban your firearms. Don't think it can happen in America? Already did in Guam, a U.S. Territory.

KBCraig

imported post

Thundar wrote:
mdgary wrote:
If you do not comply with gun registration you will be a criminal. Only after the law abiding citizens have registered their firearms and paid for govt. permission slips will the govt. ban your firearms. Don't think it can happen in America? Already did in Guam, a U.S. Territory.
Forget Guam, it already happened in California, a U.S. state!

They didn't even have the decency to wait until people's memories faded, of the promises that registration of "assault weapons" wouldn't lead to confiscation. True, it didn't, not directly, but when they outlawed them just a couple of years later, they had an obvious mechanism for making sure such rifles were either surrendered, or sold out of state.